52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having not much to do I googled local Macdonald's. We have 108 within easy striking distance of home. Two are 30 miles away, 23 are less than 10 miles. I reckon I could do all 108 in a month.

😂
Does depend where you live.
Now cycling to 52 cafés that I actually want to go to is a trickier task.
I love finding a new cycling cafe but 52 is a big ask.

Have fun though !

Twilkes

Guru
Living in Glasgow I could probably do 52 cafés in one day - an espresso shot in each, imagine how fast I'd be going by the end of it!

FrothNinja

Veteran
I'm up for this including vans but just one example each of chains (largely to support more independents & if Greggs etc count then I am doing takeaway kebab shops etc) with a slight codicil - 52 within 52 weeks rather than 1 per week.
Don't mind MBIFO but I have a moral objection to taking pics of my tucker. :hungry:
:cheers:Do pubs count?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I've not been able to reply for some reason, there was no reply button on my phone.

@Cathryn suggested this; it's a brilliant idea and I think I'm going for it.

I flipping LOVE how many people are in on this fun NY Resolution!!

Personally, I'm not committing to riding my bike to all of them. I work full time so that is unrealistic - I may well run, hike or cycle to most of them but I might just stop at a few during a car ride and that's fine too. I do like the idea of only going to ONE Starbucks/Costa/Greggs etc so it's not a succession of chains!

I tried to get started on my ride yesterday but all the cafes were closed except one down a giant hill (which would have entailed going UP the hill on the way home). Gutted.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I can rattle off a dozen within a 10 mile radius of home and most of those are on the high street at Yarm!

Once Omicron dies down I might try and cycle to a different cafe each week and do a few hours agile work, meetings permitting.

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
So...I THINK I've created a map we can all contribute to, adding our favourite cafes - either the ones we know and love or the ones we visit as we go. I've not created a collaborative map before, so could someone have a go at using it and let me know if I've done it correctly?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/3/edit?mid=1A7j5-4Ls-ZCLx94rbSTkaGs075jIRgoL&usp=sharing
That's another great idea.

I can see the map with some of your favourite cafes on it, but I'm not having any success adding any more.

Am I missing something?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
First one done:

16411275045886115638566017963032.jpg

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
Top Bottom