52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
Here's my January 1st photo from Hestercombe House in Somerset.

I was not the only cyclist who had identified this as the only local venue open on New Year's Day morning!

Last edited:

newts

Veteran
@Cathryn The following link should be to a copy of your Google map which does allow adding ceafes. People can either use this one (I've added your cafes and text to it), or I think you can probably modify yours by using the 'Share on Drive' button under 'Share' and then setting the options to 'Anyone with this link can edit'.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=13UAd2dgMj9v5kqDWgLzfUjRurn0NYEgR&usp=sharing
Great idea, i've added a few of my local facourites

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I'd like to take part in this, not least because I've been to two different cafes in the last two days, so I'll have the "challenge" rattled off by February 21 by my reckoning! I can't work out how to add a cafe to the map, but I presume it's only for cafes which have been visited as part of this challenge?
It will be 52 different cafes in the year for me as I couldn't do one a week.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
@Cathryn The following link should be to a copy of your Google map which does allow adding cafes. People can either use this one (I've added your cafes and text to it), or I think you can probably modify yours by using the 'Share on Drive' button under 'Share' and then setting the options to 'Anyone with this link can edit'.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=13UAd2dgMj9v5kqDWgLzfUjRurn0NYEgR&usp=sharing

You rockstar - thank you for saving me hours of googling. This map is perfect.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'd like to take part in this, not least because I've been to two different cafes in the last two days, so I'll have the "challenge" rattled off by February 21 by my reckoning! I can't work out how to add a cafe to the map, but I presume it's only for cafes which have been visited as part of this challenge?
It will be 52 different cafes in the year for me as I couldn't do one a week.

I think you could add cafes you know and love to help people out. I've logged some cafes that i ride to regularly but haven't been to this year.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I think you could add cafes you know and love to help people out. I've logged some cafes that i ride to regularly but haven't been to this year.
Ah, I see, but I thought that would just duplicate the thread already existing for recommended cafe stops.

Edit my mistake, I presumed the other thread had a map, but it doesn't appear to, so no duplication.

Last edited:
How do you add a cafe which doesn't come up on the Google map? (I've worked out how to put ones in which come up on Google map)
Preferably words of one syllable, imagine you are explaining it to a two year old
Hmmmmm.... errrr.... There is a marker icon, the fourth from the left at the top of the map (on my version at least). (EDIT: looks like an inverted teardrop). If you click that once, then click on the map where you want it, you can add a name and description. That ought to do it. Alternatively , you could go as far as adding the cafe as a 'new location' on Google Maps itself, but the marker will do for this really.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Map updated with some around me, and I'll add more as I go. The ones on there are decent; I'll add new ones if they're OK.

And I ended up back in the same seat as 2 hours' earlier having rescued son no. 2, got utterly drenched in an unexpected cold rainstorm, and we both tried to warm up before riding home. Does that count as 'twice' in a week? :okay:

Edited: and there for a 3rd time in 24 hours on the Bank Holiday club run today. In the same seat :laugh:

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've added my favourite local cafe to the map (Ide Hill) but now I wonder if I was a bit hasty.

Should I only add them if I visit them as part of this challenge (which I won't be doing as I wouldn't get very far)

Top Bottom