52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
I've added my favourite local cafe to the map (Ide Hill) but now I wonder if I was a bit hasty.

Should I only add them if I visit them as part of this challenge (which I won't be doing as I wouldn't get very far)
It looks like most people here, including me, are putting all their favourite cafes on here at the start of the year, so adding yours is fine, and probably useful to others.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Went for a walk with my people and headed excitedly to the NT cafe afterwards...and it was closed. Gutted.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
OK, still on course for February 21 completion :hungry:
Trip to NT property, Biddulph Grange, today. Haven't put it on the map as it's nothing special and I guess most people know that NT properties have cafes on the whole.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well I've done 2 in 2 days, but to get to 52 different places, I'd probably have to go to places in the nearest towns, and to be honest , I much prefer to ride in the countryside and give my business to little local cafes who have places I can safely leave my bike. So I'm half in, but doubt there are 52 such places within reasonable riding distance, although summer evening pub rides could soon boost the numbers.
It is also very rare for me to ride without a cafe or pub stop.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Rode down to Sunday's stop and took a pic outside it this time (though it only opens Sundays)
DSC_0103.JPG

T4tomo

Legendary Member
When I went out on 29th Dec, I went to 4 separate cafes that were all closed. I ended up with a hot chocolate, a samosa and a cherry cake slice from a convenience store, about 10 miles on from where I started hunting for a cafe.

Does a closed cafe count in the 52 btw, should i encounter that in 2022 :laugh:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've been working every day since 22/12 but I aim to hit the ground running riding on Monday.
I should be able to knock off a fair few in January.
Even sticking to independents I can think of, ooh, a few dozen within easy riding distance.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Was down at the cafe in the carpark at Barley & forgot pic of bike with the cafe. Just realised I could lift a shadow pic from the bike cam - cafe 2 done!
220105 AZ 1a Barley.jpg

Always Cross

Veteran
I‘ll use this post to add my cafes. All in Wiltshire unless stated otherwise.

1. 01/01/22. Imber Church difficult one to get as Imber is only open 2 or 3 times a year.
2. 09/01/22. Honeystreet Mill Cafe nr Alton Barnes.
3. 15/01/22. Rowdy Cow near Devizes on the Chippenham Rd.
4. 22/01/22 . Sticks and Stones at Woodborough nice place.
5. 29/01/22. Gonjo in Melksham good value.
6. 05/02/22. Village store in Steeple Ashton good cafe.
7. 12/02/22. The Coffee Shop, The Old Stables in Castle Comb nice cinnamon buns.
8. 19/02/22. The Little Lunch Box in Pewsey. They even have a track pump for cyclists to use.
9. 26/2/22. Mipo at Lydway next yo Planks Farm shop.

Last edited:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I'm up to 5 at the mo.
1. 01/01/22 Peak View cafe, on the Cat and Fiddle road, between Macclesfield and Buxton. One of my favourites, the carrot cake is the best I have had anywhere.
2. 02/01/22 Bidlea Farm cafe near Goostrey (relatively newly opened). Has a good selection of ice creams, so good for a summer stop.
3. 03/01/22 Biddulph Grange NT cafe.
4. 07/01/22 Goostrey Home and Leisure. Good cafe, and a bit of a shopping area. Sells a few plants aswell, sometimes some quite choice ones at bargainous prices. I bought a liriodendron (tulip tree) for £15 and was tempted by several hazels. Had to arrange to go back this week to collect said tree, when I suspect I'll get some of the hazels.
5. 09/01/22 The Old Barn, Marton near Congleton. Popular with cyclists and today was rammed. They also organise tours for cyclists, a friend did one from Vienna to Budapest and really rated it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I‘ll use this post to add my cafes. All in Wiltshire unless stated otherwise.

1. 01/01/22. Imber Church difficult one to get as Imber is only open 2 or 3 times a year.
2. 09/01/22. Honeystreet Mill Cafe nr Alton Barnes.

I'm Marlborough based...you did so well with the Imber one1 And HS is my favourite local cafe. I cycled past today and dithered about going in but set off up the hill sensibly instead. I could have bumped into you there.

(You weren't perchance cycling with a mate that you met at the bottom of the hill at about 10am were you?)

Top Bottom