52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
The Station Aberfoyle no 16

DSC_2680.JPG

DSC_2682.JPG

Cathryn

Legendary Member
A two cafe day today on our loop of Lake Annecy.

Cafe 42. Saravan Beach Cafe, Plage d’Angon. My favourite beach and my favourite beach bar. Strong coffee!

C27B7F64-3AEE-464A-A4BD-F0F7B3609DBC.jpeg

52934887-F3E7-4140-B755-14B08CFD9B37.jpeg

Cafe 43. Au Coup de Pompe, Doussard. Cycle-friendly café on the bike path. Looks beautiful. Wasn’t quite as good as I’d hoped. Shame!

35033FA5-8A4F-43A4-9110-85726C7F0A82.jpeg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 44. Haven, Annecy

This has been on my list for a while, I’d been thoroughly Instagram influenced. It was beautiful. I think it was based on those cool Australian coffee shops - chilled, modern, effortlessly casually chic. Superb flat white and delicious brownie. Can’t fault it.

But…

I could have been anywhere in the world. London, Sydney, San Francisco. I definitely didn’t feel like I was in France. In Annecy. It was beige. So despite the (very good) coffee and cake, I came away a bit disappointed. I’m learning that a sense of place is really important in a good coffee shop/cafe.

5C90046F-FB46-4C77-B38F-3F8081C26F3D.jpeg

A38E9CAC-327B-48DF-996B-163E486C9530.jpeg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Also, on this morning's coffee ride to Sion:

View attachment 656930

It's ridden by an elderly gentleman who comes to the café for a coffee and a croissant.

In a similar vein, there was this in the Yarpole church, community shop and cafe I mentioned above. It said it had been built for a soap box car race somewhere (Lincoln maybe? I can't remember).

20220806_114234.jpg

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I'd stopped getting the notifications for this thread and almost forgot about it :ohmy:. I'm still not back on the bike :sad:. Anyway, today we walked to a local cafe that is worth posting.

Cafe 27 The Angel on the Green, Bishopthorpe Road in York. It used to be a bike shop but they moved to bigger premises. They've retained a workshop at the rear though so you could have a coffee while your bike is repaired.

The cake selection is small but always excellent and they do coffee and cake for £5. We also had pizza which I found underwhelming. The food choice today was limited so perhaps the usual chef was on holiday.

IMG_20220813_182243.jpg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 45. Les Rochers Blancs, Le Semnoz, Annecy

Was not planning to include my orangina stop on this cafe challenge. We’d got the bus up the mountain and just did some strolling and went on the summer toboggan so it didn’t feel fitting. However my husband said that our drinks were so expensive that I absolutely had to include it, so here we are. Beautiful views, expensive soft drinks.

4ED6BF72-C434-4F44-BA5C-899D84850346.jpeg

HelenD123

Legendary Member
@HelenD123 i can’t believe you’re still not back on the bike! I’m so sorry!!

I'm not even back at work :sad:. My elbow wasn't happy with being immobile for three weeks and has been refusing to move. We've had a bit of a breakthrough this week so hopefully there'll be some progress now. I fear it will be months before I'm back on the bike. Do grateful I got my Spanish tour in before it happened. At least I can now sit comfortably in a cafe for as long as I want :mrpig:.

Top Bottom