52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
Port Logan cafe and ice-cream what not to like.

DSC_2956.JPG

DSC_0001_BURST20220827145015594.JPG

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Re your French trip report……..Cold Comfort Farm.
A great book. Could think of no other way to claim my prize other than responding here!!
I owe you coffee and cake if/when we get to meet and ride together!

Cafe 35, 18,8,22 Nets Cafe, near Little Neston on the Wirral. To get there, rode from Chester along the Dee estuary, which has a great cycle path alongside and the track onto the Wirral Way is very good too. The cafe is great, good selection of hot and cold food and cakes very tempting (carrot cake for once!) It's at a great spot beside Burton Marshes nature reserve with view over to Flint.

View attachment 657878

Cafe 36, 18.8.22 Meadow Lea Farm shop, Mickle Trafford just outside Chester.
Well, it'd be rude not to, wouldn't it?

View attachment 657879

...a great place that I have called at many times and is even an award winning cafe for cyclists

Hebe

getting better all the time
Café 47. Brogan’s, Devizes

Last night, I tried out cycle-camping-Bikepacking! I cycled 5 miles from home to a nearby campsite, camped, and then this morning cycled 5 more miles to church before getting a lift home! It was fab! Popped into Devizes for breakfast. It was fine, hit the spot, but I won’t be rushing back. Grateful it was open though!

View attachment 659009

This is my neck of the woods... Breakfast can be hard to find, especially before 10am on a Sunday!

Hebe

getting better all the time
Yes! Church was at 10 so I needed to be earlier!!

Just had a quick look. Costa and Greggs of course, New Society open at 9:30 and Contado Lounge at 9. I've not breakfastted in the last 3 though. The new Black Dog cafe near the canal looks good too and is meant to open at 9 on Sundays. Actually I shall put that on the list for this week.

Sallar55

Veteran
Castle Kennedy cafe weather's still good Some more from last 2 weeks and work out the numbers.

DSC_2984.JPG

DSC_2985.JPG

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Café 48, week 36: The Potting Shed, Hillam

There's reasons why I don't lead club rides, mainly because we'd get hopelessly lost.

However, despite 'detours' I ended up at a café I guess is bypassed by the more popular Birkin Fisheries café a couple of miles away. Which is a pity - very friendly service, lovely scone and a small-ish coffee for £5.15

PXL_20220830_104518804.jpg

And I even got café, bike and order in one photo!

Last edited:
Top Bottom