52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Café 48. The Kitchen, Westonbirt Arboretum

Had a lovely day exploring with my mum and made three trips to this cafe! Coffee and cake, lunch and a quick drink before coming home. Utterly lovely. Decent prices, good food (especially lunch) and a lovely setting! Cracking day out

D75C3B67-A895-4DF1-A375-FF9EB12915EA.jpeg

07FEB4E7-8473-4351-82BF-504854F59F35.jpeg

HelenD123

Guru
Catching up with posting. I'm not back on my bike yet but have been out walking so don't feel quite such a fraud posting here

Cafe 28 - A cyclists' favourite, Bolton Abbey. Decent coffee. Loads of outside seating and space for bikes. I can't comment on prices as my mother in law treated us.

IMG_20220821_152543.jpg

Cafe 29 - Hawes Creamery. The warm blue cheese scone was delicious but the service was slow which made the visit rather stressful. They have lots of outside seating and room for bikes. If you're still peckish you could go cheese sampling in the shop :mrpig:
IMG_20220829_130921.jpg

And a bonus pic from the gift shop that I thought everyone here would appreciate

IMG_20220829_135345.jpg

Last edited:
Café 50, week 37: The Stables, Lotherton Hall, somewhere between Leeds and Tadcaster

Bailing from my club's 120-mile ride as neither of us wanted to get any wetter, son no. 2 and myself stopped here on the way back.

Not cheap (£18.65 for two sandwiches, two cakes and two drinks) but clean and friendly.

View attachment 659901

Wow - now thats what I call a calorie trade off !

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Cafe 40, 4.9.22 Farm Made Tearoom on the outskirts of Bollington (turn right about a quarter of the way up Blaze Hill, which for those of you who know Blaze Hill, is a very good option!). It's on a no through road, so no passing traffic, but seems to have enough of a following to survive. Lovely spot, in a valley with loads of trees around. Loads of outdoor seating (some under cover) and more indoors.

20220904_140422.jpg

Tail End Charlie

Cafe 41, 6.9.22 - Pastimes, Main Road, Goostrey. I had actually meant to call in at Jodrell Bank but turns out it's shut this week, so I went here instead. Lovely little cafe, home baked cakes and wide selection flapjacks, which we all know is the perfect cycling food. Seemed to have a lively take out trade aswell.
Iced coffee and cheese on toast hit the spot.

20220906_123609.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Café 51, week 38: Cupushi, Mirfield

I'd already stopped in Holmfirth (Sid's Café, covered earlier upthread) but was tired. The plan was to call in at Mardy Crumb, but they were closed. This is a few doors down and I thought it was just a tiny café, but they've a whole downstairs as well - it's part of a clothing shop.

Ordered coffee and a small cherry crumble for £5.75, but they offered a trial of a large piece of chocolate orange cake for the same price. How could I refuse - and the photo doesn't show the large chocolate orange on the top. Very sticky cake :mrpig:

PXL_20220911_122448210.jpg

One more to go, and I've been saving this for last ...

Last edited:

Tail End Charlie

Cafe 42, 11.9.22 Jubilee Pavilion, Congleton Park, in the centre of Congleton.
What a lovely find, didn't know this one was there. It's a Victorian pavilion in the middle of a park. Lovely surroundings, sitting there I could just imagine Victorians perambulating about talking about these new fangled bikes and how great the Empire is. A bit pricy, but inside is charmingly decked out and there's outside seating and a conservatory.

20220911_120418.jpg

20220911_123631.jpg

Top Bottom