52 cafes in 52 weeks - challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Always Cross

Veteran
Cafe 35 still going to the. Slowed down a bit though . Came up over a bridleway and came in the back entrance to this would have been rude not to stop. Just a take away tea and a Belgian bun sat outside to eat and drink it but got mugged by a chicken, I was looking the other way next thing I knew it had taken a crafty bite of my bun. It was up on the bench it even roosted on my foot for a better look at the bun. I mentioned it to the lady in the shop she smiled then shrugged telling me they were free range chickens😄 it was just outside Pewsey on the way to Burbage

20221001_134943.jpg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cafe 35 still going to the. Slowed down a bit though . Came up over a bridleway and came in the back entrance to this would have been rude not to stop. Just a take away tea and a Belgian bun sat outside to eat and drink it but got mugged by a chicken, I was looking the other way next thing I knew it had taken a crafty bite of my bun. It was up on the bench it even roosted on my foot for a better look at the bun. I mentioned it to the lady in the shop she smiled then shrugged telling me they were free range chickens😄 it was just outside Pewsey on the way to Burbage

View attachment 662951

Ive cycled past there many times but never been in! Now I’m inspired, despite the avian thievery!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Café 54, week 42: Honey, Coffee, Bike in Leeds

This was supposed to be café 52 and it's on a main road into Leeds. Lovely service in a rustic-style café but on a busy road. Highly recommended.
Coffee and a scone was £5.15

Just google that place. Looks lovely. An unlikely location, I thought

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Café 52! Challenge completed! (I’m keeping going though)

Fisherton Mill cafe, Salisbury. Set in a lovely little yard filled with independent businesses. The cafe was utterly lovely. My coffee and carrot cake were both excellent but the waitress noticed I was on a bike and brought me (unasked) a big glass of lemon water and immediately asked if I needed my water bottle filled. That’s never happened before - people have willingly said yes and done so when I’ve asked but no one has ever just offered! And such a wonderful day for cycling!

A098401D-3C9D-4ED3-896A-9C6418B5DA66.jpeg

9F5795BF-489F-4106-BA27-FF3FE5205281.jpeg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Cafe 48, 9.10.22 Waterside cafe, beside the canal in Bollington. Good food, if a little pricy, and very popular at the weekend. In an old weaving mill, right beside the canal, which gives options (Bollington is quite hilly) for a flat ride if you so wish. Close to the Middlewood Way (disused rail line) too.
Outside under the black parasols or inside lots of space. I love all the industrial heritage places like this.

20221009_133427.jpg

20221009_133442.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Café 56, week 44; Cafe Mon Amis, Dewsbury

Local to me, but I called in at the end of a ride and after my Covid booster. Coffee plus treacle sponge and custard at 9am for £3.45

It's a basic café, so expect nothing sophisticated, but it works for the local clientele at the market opposite. Pudding first, hence photo, coffee arriving quite late.

PXL_20221015_080827060.jpg

And the letter? Hopefully it contains son no. 1's confirmation of his MEng results, rather than something serious.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Ah the pudding first dilemma, I had this last weekend at Apex Cycleworks in Lytham. Wonderful flat white and flapjack arrived some time ahead of the avocado on toast. I’m embarrassed to say there was not much left of the flapjack by the time the waiter appeared!

Café 52! Challenge completed! (I’m keeping going though)

Fisherton Mill cafe, Salisbury. Set in a lovely little yard filled with independent businesses. The cafe was utterly lovely. My coffee and carrot cake were both excellent but the waitress noticed I was on a bike and brought me (unasked) a big glass of lemon water and immediately asked if I needed my water bottle filled. That’s never happened before - people have willingly said yes and done so when I’ve asked but no one has ever just offered! And such a wonderful day for cycling!

View attachment 663858

View attachment 663859

That looks a stunning cafe. Wish it were nearer to me!

Top Bottom