6 Nations 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Well done Scotland.
Not sure I’ve seen such a disjointed England performance for a while, but Scotland simply didn’t let them play.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Well done Scotland.
Not sure I’ve seen such a disjointed England performance for a while, but Scotland simply didn’t let them play.

This ^.
A great effort by the Scots.

Edit to add that Farrell should not be allowed anywhere near the No. 10 shirt again.

Brandane

Legendary Member
England did absolutely nothing today, were simply awful. No great surprise considering the Saracens players have hardly played this season.
Poor selection by E Jones
I think the only positive was that as there were no spectators nobody could feel aggrieved at having paid the exorbitant RFU ticket prices to watch that junk that passes for entertainment
Aww come on, they weren't that bad. They weren't allowed to play because the Scots fought like, well, Scotsmen, for everything. It was an excellent game and highly entertaining - for us Scots! The score didn't actually reflect our domination of the game. Please don't grudge us our first Twickenham victory since I was a fresh faced 21 year old in 1983!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1612694304227.png

Aww come on, they weren't that bad. They weren't allowed to play because the Scots fought like, well, Scotsmen, for everything. It was an excellent game and highly entertaining - for us Scots! The score didn't actually reflect our domination of the game. Please don't grudge us our first Twickenham victory since I was a fresh faced 21 year old in 1983!
I think we were deservedly beaten, and it WAS an entertaining game. However ...

ITV commentator dug right into my sore-spot; there was nothing "Historic" about this win! Scotland have won matches before, and this is only the first game of a 5-match tournament. No matter how many times you say they are "X minutes away from making history!!!!!!!!!! ", doesn't make it so :stop:

<and breath ...>

Luckily I have Wales in the office sweep - made lots of money on England in the Autumn :cheers:. So any underdog win is good!

Brandane

Legendary Member
So any underdog win is good!
Anyone playing against England is an "underdog" - according to the English media :whistle:.
I remember going to the 1990 Grand Slam decider, Scotland v England at Murrayfield. In and around the ground BEFORE the match, there were several vans set up selling T-shirts with the logo "England Grand Slam Winners 1990" printed on them. They appeared to be selling plenty, too. Oh how we laughed 2 hours later :laugh:.

AndyRM

XOXO
Anyone playing against England is an "underdog" - according to the English media :whistle:.
I remember going to the 1990 Grand Slam decider, Scotland v England at Murrayfield. In and around the ground BEFORE the match, there were several vans set up selling T-shirts with the logo "England Grand Slam Winners 1990" printed on them. They appeared to be selling plenty, too. Oh how we laughed 2 hours later :laugh:.

Anyone playing England is an underdog. They have more professional players and money than any other country.

They should win every game in theory.

Top Bottom