6 Nations 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
They have more professional players and money than any other country.
However, similar to their EPL football teams, they (professional rugby clubs) are littered with foreign players (including a good few of the Scotland squad!) - to the detriment of the national football and rugby teams.

England played well. Scotland played better. Simple as that.
You've half right

Chislenko

Veteran
However, similar to their EPL football teams, they (professional rugby clubs) are littered with foreign players (including a good few of the Scotland squad!) - to the detriment of the national football and rugby teams.

To be fair most of the national teams appear to be littered with foreign players.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
So Ireland welcome the favourites without Sexton (c), Murray, Ryan, (O'Mahony), all from the core of any team (with probably collectively 3x the no of Caps the Italian team will have on Saturday). If they can go one better than last weekend, against an excellent young team, it will be some game. I'm not betting on it.

Still some surprises in store particularly as Home advantage seems considerably reduced in these Covid times. I predict Italy surprising someone, they are better than their results (if such a thing is possible) and have a good young team still improving. Now is exactly the wrong time to 'relegate' them.

I love the 6 Nations, never disappoints and a real tonic at the worst time of year.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
ITV commentary team :rolleyes:. This is what sets non English fans against England. Pre match discussion about last week's game v Scotland, all very much centred on how bad Enland played and not a single mention of how well Scotland played. Have just a wee touch of humility for once, you nobbers!

ITV commentary team :rolleyes:. This is what sets non English fans against England. Pre match discussion about last week's game v Scotland, all very much centred on how bad Enland played and not a single mention of how well Scotland played. Have just a wee touch of humility for once, you nobbers!

Too often ITV and the BBC forget, on these occasions,that they are UK national and not English broadcasters.

First half Italy have done OK, but their experience and fitness/intensity levels will probably let them down in the second half.

AndyRM

XOXO
What a game of rugby between Scotland and Wales! I thought the red was very harsh - yellow for sure, but he was on his feet, clearing out the ruck and not out of control. Looks a lot worse in slow motion, but then everything does really.

Still, it was fun to get a bit of Scotland grinding for a penalty for the last 15 minutes. I've missed that style in the last few years.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What a game of rugby between Scotland and Wales! I thought the red was very harsh - yellow for sure, but he was on his feet, clearing out the ruck and not out of control. Looks a lot worse in slow motion, but then everything does really.

Still, it was fun to get a bit of Scotland grinding for a penalty for the last 15 minutes. I've missed that style in the last few years.
I agree the red looks harsh but we saw last week from Ireland that refs are taking unnecessary collisions seriously. I predict more red cards.

AndyRM

XOXO
I agree the red looks harsh but we saw last week from Ireland that refs are taking unnecessary collisions seriously. I predict more red cards.

O'Mahoney led with an elbow. Big difference I think.

It is good that head injuries are being more closely looked at.

0.5p looked totally out of it before he went off.

Too often ITV and the BBC forget, on these occasions,that they are UK national and not English broadcasters.

First half Italy have done OK, but their experience and fitness/intensity levels will probably let them down in the second half.
HANG on a minute. Whose match was this the build-up for?? I don't remember the Italian pundit praising the performance from France that trounced them!
Did i miss the announcement for Celebrate Historic Scotland Win Week?? 😂

byegad

Legendary Member
Irrespective of individual results I think the 5 matches so far have shown that the players are far from fully match sharp. The number of errors in all the teams is a symptom of this.

Top Bottom