6 Nations 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ref's changed his mind and says I'm wrong!
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...nglands-six-nations-loss-to-wales-rugby-union

Just wait 'til I meet him. If he thinks Farrell gets angry.....

About England from the same article: "and were ultimately well beaten despite the blunders",

If those two tries had not been allowed Wales still would have won by five points, although they would not have had a bonus point while England would have had a losing bonus point so they could possibly have still won the tournament.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
No posts? After such a terrific match? I'm surprised. Game of the series so far for me, by a country mile. The result helped, but just as a game of rugby. Can't remember the last time I saw a French team playing so French, and it was great to see England match them, and then just edge it. A real tussle, played in great spirit between mutually respectful adversaries.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
I'm beginning to think i 've got concussion and am on very strong hallucinatory medicine, but I just can't remember....how else to explain 2 matches in a row England playing expansive rugby? I just cant believe my eyes!I

Agree yesterdays match was the pick of the season, but the Welsh one was also excellent. Why Jones thought he should start the season without Ford is even more of a mystery. Farrell looks well below his best and should be rested. Then we might really see something.

When there's some doubt about whether a touchdown was good or not, the commentators normally say you can tell from the reaction of the player. Itoje looked even more surprised than I was that the refs initial decision was overturned.

AndyRM

XOXO
An entertaining, albeit scrappy game against Ireland for us. We let ourselves down at the line-out and with discipline but a few years ago we'd have been hammered in that game so while it's disappointing to be so close there are a lot of positives to take from the game. Particularly Hogg kicking the ball into his own face, which I will laugh about for some time. Hamish Watson was immense too, as he always is.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
An entertaining, albeit scrappy game against Wales for us. We let ourselves down at the line-out and with discipline but a few years ago we'd have been hammered in that game so while it's disappointing to be so close there are a lot of positives to take from the game. Particularly Hogg kicking the ball into his own face, which I will laugh about for some time. Hamish Watson was immense too, as he always is.

Yes, your line-out was poor, second best at the breakdown mostly too. I thought you may gone on to win it at the end when you scored that late try but it wasn't to be.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
One law I wish they would clear up is when a penalty is coming but advantage is being played. Scotland had the ball under the posts and elected to try and run it, Ireland had virtually half their team step offside to kill the space and deny Scotland the opportunity. They stop a try knowing at worst it'll be called back for the original penalty. Think the Welsh did it too so it appears to be a deliberate tactic to nullify advantage being played.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes, your line-out was poor, second best at the breakdown mostly too. I thought you may gone on to win it at the end when you scored that late try but it wasn't to be.

It was worse than poor, we didn't win one all game, which is just unacceptable. A draw would have been a fair result I think, but hey ho, these things happen.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Another cracking game - all credit to both teams. As others have said, if Scotland hadn't ceded 40 metres with every lineout, it could have been a very different outcome.

Top Bottom