6 Nations Prediction Thread - 2015 Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
No bonus points this round but a few correct calls on all the games, so the results are as follows:

@Crackle, @GrumpyGregry, @User, @psmiffy and @swee'pea99 all got 12

Me, @Fubar, @Marmion and @Aperitif all got 8

@swl couldn't be arsed, or has wisely recognised the futility of the exercise.

Which leaves us with this:

Crackle - 20
GrumpyGregry - 20
Irish - 20
AndyRM - 17
Aperitif - 17
Fubar - 17
Marmion - 16
Psmiffy - 12
Swee'pea - 12
swl - 4

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'd like to officially register my protest at citing/disciplinary panels interfering with issues dealt with by the ref, on the park, at the time.
-and-
I'd like to officially apologise for elite referees who don't appear to know the Laws in relation to ending a match.

I'd like to officially apologise for elite referees who don't appear to know the Laws in relation to ending a match.

I read an article the other day which stated that Glen Jackson was quite right to end it and which showed the laws pertaining to game ending; it also said he got most of the "big" decisions correct - I now can't find the article.

I think it might have been written by his mum.

k, This wknd could go any way. I thought Scotland would beat Italy but Italy ran in 3 tries against England so now I'm wavering. Likewise, Ireland looked exposed when France began running, tough choices. I'll stick with my original prediction though. so:-

Scotland 26 Italy 15
France 32 Wales 19
Ireland 22 England 18

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
This will be the crunch weekend for England obviously, and the Irish always fight like demons against them, especially on their own turf. Mud. Whatever. Italy & Wales will both, I think, come back with 'something to prove' energy...France have seemed a bit off, and if Wales can get a decent start the French fans will start cat-calling and their tails will drop. Scotland seem to be on song for once, and should have the measure of even an enlivened Italy.

In hope more than expectation maybe...

Scotland 20 Italy 13
France 20 Wales 26
Ireland 16 England 22

Excellent rugby from Scotland last time, and a solid 'team game' from Italy in the face of England's shunting stock should make for an interesting match. Who remembers 2007 and the six minute blitz from Italy? :smile: Six changes for Italy.
Wales are still not watertight and may be yet again exposed in the heave-ho of the game with the mecs from France. Place kicking decides...plus BigMat off the bench against a, so far, subdued Jamie Roberts et al.
England brush aside the pressure and regain rhythm in a close fought contest against O'Connell's tough men...Young England to excel, or be subdued and made to play in disjointed fashion, as the Italy pressure exposed? Hmmm...

Scotland 22 Italy 23
France 29 Wales 23
Ireland 17 England 19

Jimidh

Veteran
I predict that I won't be out on my bike on Sunday morning after a day out at Murrayfield!

subaqua

What’s the point
Scotland 24 - 19 Italy
France 14 - 15 Wales
Ireland 30 - 31 England

and yes I know I am waaaaaaay too late coming to the game.

wales points all by the boot from penalties or drop goals and France miss a conversion in the last minutes

Top Bottom