6 Nations Prediction Thread - 2015 Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Murrayfield will be a veritable 'Anthemfest' this afternoon, with two of the finest caressing the ears...interesting then, that the Grauniad a few days ago gave an opinion of 'sexist' declarations. and it turns out that the Italians are basically rendering Joe Dolce's "Shaddap you Face" with added national vim! (Joe Dolce being in the vanguard of the international hotch-potch of players choosing their country to play for, being born in the USA, becoming Aussie and then chirping about lovelorn Italian boy etc)
I am happy to realise that there is no prospect of Russia becoming a Tier One nation in Rugby Football anytime soon - but their 'big intro' would make the stadium jump!
The rock anthem starts at 1:10 in...but it's all interesting! :smile:

(If you don't like it, you can get shot of it...or just shot.)
Here's the Grauniad's article. I feel a bit sorry for the South Africa tems, and the NZ Maoris...veering towards feminine exhortations. Whatever next!
And that anthemfest? Beautiful stuff.

Enjoy the matches - players and spectators alike. :smooch:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well done Italy but somebody please remove George Clancy from the Board Panel of referees - he just isn't a test match ref.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What happened to the flair and unpredictability of France? This is dull fare.

Scotland v Italy - The Scots by 2 tries or thereabouts - they have shown they have the game to get to the try line - cannot possibly be so unlucky/inept as they were against Wales
France v Wales - Difficult you don't know who is going to turn up -neither side has showed their potential - Wales by the odd converted try in a match where it could get a bit nasty at times
Ireland v England - England by a couple of tries, Ireland so far do not really seem to be attacking the try line and appear to have been content to knock up the penalties - Johnny Sexton may tho be the key to the game with his tactical kicking

:okay:
Dull on the radio - lots of whistling at the end of this game...and I don't think it was superhetrodynation of my old wireless!
Roll on tomorrow - hopefully not a game of 'kick and crap', but a feast of invention and talent.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Blame me. I dont normally watch the rugger but have watched all Scotlands games in the 6 nations this year. Am i a jinx ?????
I am a good luck charm when I go to Murrayfield. I was there in 1990, for the Grand Slam decider against some second rate team from south of the border who had made themselves firm favourites, as usual.
Wow did we pi55 on their party that year! Wonder what they did with all the "England Grand Slam winners 1990" T-shirts that were on sale outside Murrayfield BEFORE the game :laugh:.

Top Bottom