755,000 unlicensed vehicles last year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I read elsewhere that it was scrapped to save a meagre £10 million a year in administrating the system....

...but has cost over £100 mill in lost revenue.

So it was a good move and has saved the country a fortune, by the simple expedient that they no longer need waste money on a tax disc. The less honest folk have no easy means by which they can be spotted.

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I read elsewhere that it was scrapped to save a meagre £10 million a year in administrating the system....

...but has cost over £100 mill in lost revenue.

So it was a good move and has saved the country a fortune, by the simple expedient that they no longer need waste money on a tax disc. The less honest folk have no easy means by which they can be spotted.

Rather like the rest of the not thought out cuts

classic33

Leg End Member
If they do that I will have to get a bike.
Electric?

It didn't need a scientist to figure out that scrapping the car tax disc was a bad Idea or did it?

The stupid thing is ,with the way it operated before you had to have proof of insurance and a current MOT in order to get your road tax.
The new cost savings swept all of that away. So now you can have more cars on the road that are not roadworthy and don't have insurance.

D

Deleted member 26715

I wrote to my MP a few years ago with the idea, he forwarded it to the ministry who replied saying that it was unworkable due to people living in rural areas would be unfairly penalised.

Top Bottom