80s movies for family viewing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Hmm... Also Sister Act and Coming to America - both *very* funny...
Coming to America is one of my all time favourites, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen it as I watch it nearly everytime it's on.

Even with the odd bit of language it's just the right side of the line for an eleven year old.

My little girl first watched it when she was about ten, and now she's eighteen she still loves it. 😄

Sometimes I Luuuurve Eddie Murphy. But Coming To America ... well, I suspect it's a bit of a marmite thing ...
(but I'm not 11, so a moot point)

stephec

Legendary Member
Sometimes I Luuuurve Eddie Murphy. But Coming To America ... well, I suspect it's a bit of a marmite thing ...
(but I'm not 11, so a moot point)
I'm not a big fan of American comedy in general, but the three guys in the barbers, and the ott preacher, crack me up everytime.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
one of my favourites turns out to be from 1972
1608667611600.png

cyberknight

Karate Kid
Beetlejuice
Who framed roger rabbit
Three men and a baby
Hook

and finally dependant on cut
Bladerunner

cyberknight

Good shout, then if you've got Netflix you can get them into Cobra Kai afterwards.
rewatched it the other day and i actually cringe at the fight scenes now , as a kid it was great but after years of training and semi contact matches and then moving onto more combat orientated stuff ( before i had to stop due to an injury ) im thinking how did he win ? apart from the obvious reason

Top Bottom