A Bit Blowy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Ah. Didn't read the "on" first time round. Dirty craw.

Family all grinning about the winds as I got ready for work... BUT... it was a tailwind! Topped 40mph again on way to work. It seems to be dropping by the hour, so might not be too bad on way home either.

Good day.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tetedelacourse said:
Really?? I've never heard of anyone actually being blown off their bike! Qualitas if it's true! (and hope you're ok natch).

Cheers for the heads up for tomorrow folks, holy dungballs there's no way I'm going over the bridge in THAT! I can hear the wizard of oz twister music as I type!:biggrin:

Contrastingly today was GLORIOUS. Days like today completely replenish my love for cycling.

oh i dunno I`ve had a brown trouser moment on the Forth road Bridge before in very windy conditions, got past first tower on race bike heading south only to get blown towards railings on other side, walked for a bit after that :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Tetedelacourse said:
Really?? I've never heard of anyone actually being blown off their bike! Qualitas if it's true! (and hope you're ok natch).

Cheers for the heads up for tomorrow folks, holy dungballs there's no way I'm going over the bridge in THAT! I can hear the wizard of oz twister music as I type!:biggrin:

Contrastingly today was GLORIOUS. Days like today completely replenish my love for cycling.

I was blown off my bike going down Causewayside in Edinburgh once, very embarrassing right outside Leslies Bar, not a place I drank in (I had just come out of the Old Bell).

The wind today was nothing like that strong, by got knocked about a bit going down North Bridge this morning. All good fun...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
goo_mason said:
Now there's a name I've not seen on these forums for a while. You settled into your new house ?

Hi Goo, yep starting to settle in nicely now, even have a wee bit of time to read the forums.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Closed to cyclists today thankfully. I think I saw a cow fly past at one point, from the safety of my car seat. Only saw one cyclist on the drive in and he looked miserable. Hats off to you monsieur whoever you are.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Habibi, did you go fleeing past me at Cramond Brig last night, around 4.30pm? Orange and black longs and a blue top on a red Carrera? If it was you, you don't hang about on the hills! The bloke who sat on your wheel wasn't doing much in the way of work.

I caught up with the pair of you on the bridge but was completely gubbed by that point and had to have a serious lie down when I got in.

gavintc

Guru
Tetedelacourse said:
Closed to cyclists today thankfully. I think I saw a cow fly past at one point, from the safety of my car seat. Only saw one cyclist on the drive in and he looked miserable. Hats off to you monsieur whoever you are.

Interestingly, there were more bikes on the train to Glasgow than normal this morning, but less MTB (sic) and more road bikes. I have brought my bike in and will play it by ear whether I stay on the train tonight or get off at Linlithgow for my short, sharp training session. The weather on this side is actually quite pleasant; blowy but not excessively so and dry.

Maz

Guru
I found it frustratingly tough this morning, like wading through mud. I just couldn't get going....probably a combination of the gusty breeze, lack of sleep what with baby waking at night and being totally wacked from playing footie the night before.

It was an interesting cycle in this morning! I had the wind behind me for part of my route :biggrin: and then right in my face near the end:eek:. I was close to going backward at one point! Despite the wind it was nice clear skies so all good fun :biggrin:

neslon

As usual,I had the wind in my face all the time! I don't know what it is about Northumberland, but the wind always seems to swirl about. Needless to say, today I had to do a 50 mile round trip, just as the wind got feisty. It was great!!! From Newcastle to Morpeth (via backroads) I saw few cars & no bikes. Coming home was equally lonesome, till I hitched behind a monster tractor. Tomorrow looks a bit parky though.

habibi

Tetedelacourse said:
Habibi, did you go fleeing past me at Cramond Brig last night, around 4.30pm?

naw, wrong spy... i'm all in black, on a red spesh roubaix. switching to dawes super galaxy soon as the roads are gritted in anger

Top Bottom