A Bit Blowy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tetedelacourse said:
Closed to cyclists today thankfully. I think I saw a cow fly past at one point, from the safety of my car seat. Only saw one cyclist on the drive in and he looked miserable. Hats off to you monsieur whoever you are.

Wasn`t closed at 5.30am this morning :biggrin: bloody windy mind, and just as bad coming home as well.

habibi

Tetedelacourse said:
Orange and black longs and a blue top on a red Carrera?

that'll be Gordon from Dalgety Bay. he doesnt hang around, eh..

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
habibi said:
that'll be Gordon from Dalgety Bay. he doesnt hang around, eh..

hmm that must be a differant Gordon from whom i know, he`s got a black and orange Orbea and is too fast for me, mind you I`m about twice his weight :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
Blowing a hoolie here today, much spindrift on the sea, some snow in the air. The phrase "Discretion is the better part of valour" came to mind and I used my car.:biggrin:

Ranger

3 of us got caught by the wind on the Forth this morning, strangely enough the only one to hit the floor had flat pedals:wacko: Mind you the other chap was hanging onto the safety barrier until I got hold of him enough for him to be able to let go and unclip (just read the other posts it might have been that Gordon chap)

For the record 15 minutes to get across the bridge and I thought my legs were on fire by the time I got across

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ranger said:
3 of us got caught by the wind on the Forth this morning, strangely enough the only one to hit the floor had flat pedals:wacko: Mind you the other chap was hanging onto the safety barrier until I got hold of him enough for him to be able to let go and unclip (just read the other posts it might have been that Gordon chap)

For the record 15 minutes to get across the bridge and I thought my legs were on fire by the time I got across

well on late shift today, so maybe best to take the train ? If its that gusty !!

Tynan

Veteran
you northern types, that bridge does sound hairy

beautiful crisp morning here, blue skys, ever so slightly chilly

brill, even for a tired stiff legs Friday, beers tonight and football tomorrow, ace

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Ranger said:

:wacko: 15 minutes?;)

Jeezo that would be "a moment" right enough!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Yes, it's been a bit breezy these last few days. Thankfully I don't have to cross the Forth ;)

For the first time in ages I'm feeling pretty knackered at the end of the week, so the wind has taken effect; although on the positive side it's not slowing me down as much as it used to so I must be getting fitter !

Nice and warm at the mo though.

levad

Veteran
7:30am start and possibly an 11pm finish for me at work today so travelled by car. The weather here is glorious, just been out for a lunchtime stroll in shirtsleeves (and other modesty covering attire!)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Today is gorgous (here:biggrin:), and I even left off my Nightvision for my short ride - still needed the gloves though - I need alot more days like this one and warmer and then it will be bliss.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

levad said:
7:30am start and possibly an 11pm finish for me at work today so travelled by car. The weather here is glorious, just been out for a lunchtime stroll in shirtsleeves (and other modesty covering attire!)

Where is this shirtsleeve and hotpants utopia of which you speak? Basildon?

Top Bottom