A Bit Blowy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cannondale boy

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
ooh naughty boy, there's a 15mph limit for bikes :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy:
(which i accidentally took for a minimum speed limit the one time i crossed it ;))
according to the wireless speedo, i suddenly went from 9mph to 192mph crossing one of the bridge support bits…

Funny you should mention that. When i go over the bridge i get the same reaction the wireless speedo jumps a bit...i was supposedly doing around 200mph. If i did it at that speed i would of got over the bridge in seconds :smile:.

Yes it is a bit hairy out there so be careful!

levad

Veteran
Where is this shirtsleeve and hotpants utopia of which you speak? Basildon?

Oxfordshire

Tynan

Veteran
windyish tonight, a bit uncertain coming north from the city but it settled behind me very nicely heading north east thereafter, steady pressure all the way home

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Heading to work this morning was sheer agony going into the wind - strength-sapping awfulness.

Coming home was fun - having to brake to slow down as the wind pushed me faster and faster. A few hairy moments with sudden side-gusts was the icing on the very windy day cake ;)

threefingerjoe

Über Member
I don't know you folks are faring, but I'm about tired of Winter. Today, we got about an inch of sleet and freezing rain. Drove my pickup truck, today. Wind seems to have died down, so I'm planning on the bike for tomorrow's commute. I'll have to take the roads all the way, though. This frozen crap on the path is nearly impossible to ride through. It's now a hard crust, which you break through, and it's like trying to ride in sand. I'll be glad when we get above the freezing point. It's been cold for too long.
Joe

Tynan

Veteran
steady firm headwind all the way in today, allied with Friday legs made hard work, two gears lower sometime, really demotivating

spoke to a mate on the phone that cycles and it was the first thing we spoke about

half day off today to go to condor cycles to see about a new bike, goody

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

I'm off today too and I'm glad cos I was planning to cycle today if I was working, due to having to travel by car earlier in the week.

Maz I think we're done with the GOOD weather!

Tynan get one of those brown beasts and I will come round and stick you!

ThreefingerJoe I think it's fair to say you've got it worst of all! But then you're not really allowed to moan about the weather, it being a traditionally British pastime!

Kirst

I'd gone about a quarter of a mile this morning when the headwind got so strong the bike wasn't actually moving, and then the wind swung suddenly and me and the bike blew right over. I just couldn't stay upright against it. I took the bike back home and got the bus in.

Top Bottom