A Bit of a (London based) Rant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
My overwhelming impression of my now occasional forays on two wheels in the smoke is that many, most even, urban cyclists there ride just like how they would drive; far too many are 'must get past' cockwomble knobjockeys. A significant proportion of the remainder, often found on Boris Bikes, ride like their heads are in the clouds enjoying a lovely day dream in lalaland.

But every so often I encounter a rider so stylish, so classy, so assertive, so able to execute a 60 second track stand without moving an inch, so well able to read the road and the traffic it is like they control it telepathically that it takes my breath away and I think "Thank goodness someone knows how to ride."

You could have at least said "Hello" to me :smile:

To the OP, no you're not over-reacting there are a lot of complete pillocks out there on bikes. To be honest, it's one of the reasons I avoid cycle paths and routes like the plague and when I worked in central London I'd rather go straight up the OKR and round E&C, it was safer and less aggro than mixing it with other cyclists.

Top Bottom