A case of mistaken identity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Many apologies from my boss to the male cyclist she beeped at, swerved into, waved to, on Glasgow's Brumielaw today, Thursday, at around 4.15 pm.
You see, she thought you were me :smile:
When you yelled after her, she thought it was me shouting back "hi!" that's the reason of the hand gestures.
My boss is a really nice lady, she did not mean to startle you. She is very blonde, drives a black car and you shouted "idiot" at her just before turning into the squinty bridge.
That was not nice: a taxi driver shouted "idiot" at me once, did not like it one bit :angry:
You must have been wearing a glossy red helmet like mine: beware of doing so near the SECC least there is confusion again!
You can't have been too fast either if folks think you are me :giggle:
All is well that ends well: we know you are not the Magnatom :heat: because you wear glasses, we think there was no web cam - she does not know what that is, so we can't be sure; a few laughs at work sealed it for us: hope you have recovered from your ordeal, anonymous Glasgow cyclist! :hello:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Crumbs Pat, if that is that how your "friends" treat you on the road then... !!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Many apologies from my boss to the male cyclist she beeped at, swerved into, waved to, on Glasgow's Brumielaw today, Thursday, at around 4.15 pm.
You see, she thought you were me :smile:
When you yelled after her, she thought it was me shouting back "hi!" that's the reason of the hand gestures.
My boss is a really nice lady,...

Your boss thought you were a man and you still say she's a really nice lady?!!

GC

By the way, I beeped and waved at you a couple of weeks ago (22 March to be exact), around 6pm as you passed the Indian restaurant at the corner of Finnieston Street. I was driving towards town and overtook you. I don't know if you called me any names.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Has anyone ever had got some bad driving and swear/gesticulate at the driver, then realise you know them?

Did you have a discussion with them afterwards, I'm very aware that this could happen when I'm near my workplace.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Has anyone ever had got some bad driving and swear/gesticulate at the driver, then realise you know them?

Did you have a discussion with them afterwards, I'm very aware that this could happen when I'm near my workplace.

I have. I was in primary as I was turning right at the upcoming lights when a car decided it didn't have to wait behind me. I gave it a bit of verbal and a wave. Turned out it was one of our warehouse girls, she came and apologised to me later in the day otherwise I wouldn't have known it was her, she accepted what she did was wrong and dangerous and that was the end of the matter.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Yep I have, cut up by a young lad from the office who was impatient to join a queue of traffic. We had words the next day.... :boxing: and he hasn't done it again since ^_^

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Your boss thought you were a man and you still say she's a really nice lady?!!

GC

By the way, I beeped and waved at you a couple of weeks ago (22 March to be exact), around 6pm as you passed the Indian restaurant at the corner of Finnieston Street. I was driving towards town and overtook you. I don't know if you called me any names.
Ahhh! I remember this: no, did not call you names, guessed it was somebody I know.
What colour is your car? Don't tell me makes or models, I'm useless with that :blush:

AndyRM

XOXO
Once upon a time, I spied my friend, walking along ahead of me. He's a generously proportioned short chap with a pony-tail.

With a friendly "Awright bawbag?" and a cheeky pat on the arse I greeted him. It was not him.

In fact it was a lady, but she was good enough to see the funny side and didn't sue me for sexual harassment.

In hindsight, the dress should have been a clue. I just thought he was having an experimental day.

D

Deleted member 1258

Very many years ago going into work on a Saturday I got left hooked by my Gaffa as he turned into the car park, no contact but I wasn't impressed, we had a massive row a short time afterwards and he eventually said sorry.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along

Not gesticulate (no point) but I do have a bit of a thing about being beeped at, I've had to have a quiet word with Mrs SBIB and a few work colleagues asking them not to do it again, explaining nicely that it is usually not used in a friendly manner by drivers & is often combined with a too close pass so isn't taken as the friendly gesture they think it is

Top Bottom