A case of mistaken identity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black Country Ste

Somebody at work decided the roundabout wasn't for him and overtook me on the bike/bus crossing at Belgrave Middleway. I haven't brought it up but cold shouldered him for months. Still don't like him very much.

Nebulous

Guru
I went to school with a guy who is very distinctive. Very large, red hair, usually very neatly cut, little goatee beard. I was once buying a sandwich at lunchtime and saw him in a phonebox (before the days of mobile phones) I wandered over smiled and waved and he made a dismissive gesture and turned his back. I followed him round the box and he turned away again. I then went into full-on idiot mode, running round the box, waving my arms, making faces, sticking out my tongue. He finished his phonecall, came out of the box - and it wasn't him!
He was so like him, I still sometimes wonder if it was him, pulling a trick on me, but the accent was all wrong.

Sara_H

Guru
One of my colleagues close passed me on the way to work once. She'd recognised me, and when we got to work she started having a go at me for not cycling in the gutter.

She got a little road craft lesson that day. Unfortunately for her, we work 12 hour shifts and she couldn't get away from me!

Mange-tout

I once took my mum and two of her friends to North Carolina to see my friends I hadn't seen for 15 years. It was a small airport. We were the only set of 4 British women waiting in the vehicle pick up area. My friends still drove the same battered old camper van they had had years ago.

I recognised them and waved madly, as did mum and her friends. They parked, got out and walked straight passed us into the airport. They didn't recognise me because, since I last saw them, I had eaten for Great Britain and was no longer the young, slim, slip-of-a-thing they remembered - I was SO embarrassed, and I'm sure they were too:blush::laugh:. Serves me right.

By the way Pat, your post gave me such a laugh......thanks:wahhey:.

Top Bottom