A case of mistaken identity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Somebody at work decided the roundabout wasn't for him and overtook me on the bike/bus crossing at Belgrave Middleway. I haven't brought it up but cold shouldered him for months. Still don't like him very much.
 

Nebulous

Guru
Location
Aberdeen
I went to school with a guy who is very distinctive. Very large, red hair, usually very neatly cut, little goatee beard. I was once buying a sandwich at lunchtime and saw him in a phonebox (before the days of mobile phones) I wandered over smiled and waved and he made a dismissive gesture and turned his back. I followed him round the box and he turned away again. I then went into full-on idiot mode, running round the box, waving my arms, making faces, sticking out my tongue. He finished his phonecall, came out of the box - and it wasn't him!
He was so like him, I still sometimes wonder if it was him, pulling a trick on me, but the accent was all wrong.
 

Sara_H

Legendary Member
One of my colleagues close passed me on the way to work once. She'd recognised me, and when we got to work she started having a go at me for not cycling in the gutter.

She got a little road craft lesson that day. Unfortunately for her, we work 12 hour shifts and she couldn't get away from me!
 

Mange-tout

Guru
Location
Dunfermline
I once took my mum and two of her friends to North Carolina to see my friends I hadn't seen for 15 years. It was a small airport. We were the only set of 4 British women waiting in the vehicle pick up area. My friends still drove the same battered old camper van they had had years ago.

I recognised them and waved madly, as did mum and her friends. They parked, got out and walked straight passed us into the airport. They didn't recognise me because, since I last saw them, I had eaten for Great Britain and was no longer the young, slim, slip-of-a-thing they remembered - I was SO embarrassed, and I'm sure they were too:blush::laugh:. Serves me right.

By the way Pat, your post gave me such a laugh......thanks:wahhey:.
 
Top Bottom