A close call with 2 time trialists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
@Brandane is convinced he is 100% in the right, and the third parties who don’t have a voice here are 100% in the wrong. He convinced there was nothing else he could have done better. He is saying people are saying things here, which they have not. It makes you question how reliable his one sided account is.

It doesn't to me.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It doesn't to me.

It doesn‘t concern you, that you are making judgements, based on only one side and recollection of the story; the veracity of which we have no way of checking?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane is convinced he is 100% in the right, and the third parties who don’t have a voice here are 100% in the wrong. He convinced there was nothing else he could have done better. He is saying people are saying things here, which they have not. It makes you question how reliable his one sided account is.

Is this the point I was asking you to enlighten me about? The thing I failed to notice? Even with hindsight?
Wow..... :wacko:

PK99

Legendary Member
It doesn‘t concern you, that you are making judgements, based on only one side and recollection of the story; the veracity of which we have no way of checking!

Not sure why I am posting here, as I expect to get some flack from the "cyclists can do no wrong" brigade. All I can say is that I have been cycling for 55 years, and driving (cars and motorbikes) for 40 years (HGV's for 10 years) without ever having a point on my licence, and that was one of my scariest incidents ever. Complete and utter lack of awareness and road sense by 2 cyclists. Yet if I HAD hit them, the assumption would have been that some inattentive moron in a car had messed up again.

The flack the OP predicted.

It is sad, but oh so predictable, that some here, time and again, defend and excuse irresponsible and dangerous cycling.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Told you on page one , cyclist can do no wrong and motored vehicles are the devils work

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The flack the OP predicted.

It is sad, but oh so predictable, that some here, time and again, defend and excuse irresponsible and dangerous cycling.

According the OP, all we have is that the OP didn’t see them indicate. All we have is one account which may or may be reliable. From that you lot pile in, rather than consider it’s not as cut and dried as made out.

Mike_P

Guru
The OPs posting is quite clear he saw no signal from them but was aware of them. I have seen many cyclists locally when cycling signal that quickly and briefly that I do wonder if a car driver has seen the indication. The worse being almost a mere flick of the wrist

I expect to get some flack from the "cyclists can do no wrong" brigade.

You are on a cycle forum and will be shot at dawn

Told you on page one , cyclist can do no wrong and motored vehicles are the devils work

So, three predictions: how are those working out? :smile:

There's also this question to consider:
Do we have to agree with cyclists being absolved of personal responsibility?
Anyone care to answer? 🤷‍♂️

berty bassett

Legendary Member
So, three predictions: how are those working out? :smile:

There's also this question to consider:

Anyone care to answer? 🤷‍♂️

To be honest I can’t be bothered any more beginning to sound like a discussion in a pub at 11pm after 6 pints of Stella I will leave it at you’re right I am wrong - just wish I had a kebab now

winjim

Smash the cistern
When considering these type of incidents, watching those silly videos etc, I'm always trying to consider what I could have done better had I been in the situation. In this scenario I guess we're looking at it from the motorists POV so although maybe the cyclists could have been clearer about their intentions, they weren't and there's nothing we could have done to change that. So the thing to consider is the driving. It basically boils down to appreciating that sometimes other road users may do something a bit daft, being aware of what they're doing and what possible daft things may happen, consider the circumstances etc. Understand the situation they're in, that is racing so maybe having their concentration focussed in a particular place, not wanting to upset their aero, taking a particular line etc. Then prepare to take action to mitigate it.

It's not wrong, it's not right, it just is.

Top Bottom