A commute I did yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bonj2

magnatom said:
I really am forming the opinion that your posts are tongue in cheek. However, be warned, cycling like that to keep up your 'bonj' cred [will get you in trouble.]

Perhaps you can tell me, what sort of cycling were you expecting?

bonj said:
only if it's deliberate...!
not sure i like the tone of this.

Damn, you've rumbled me. I just gave you the helmet camera so you could film me knocking you down...:biggrin::biggrin::evil:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

magnatom said:
Damn, you've rumbled me. I just gave you the helmet camera so you could film me knocking you down...:biggrin::biggrin::evil:

ah great, so I get to keep it until you manage to. :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

magnatom said:
Well you did suggest that we would all learn from you.....

I'm going to put together a compilation of little clips about handling certain situations. For which your advice about pointing it down may come in handy, as will your answering of the question on whether it's waterproof...

bonj said:
I'm going to put together a compilation of little clips about handling certain situations. For which your advice about pointing it down may come in handy, as will your answering of the question on whether it's waterproof...

My apologies. Yes it is very waterproof. Look at the instructions and it gives you information on how to increase the waterproofness (that's a good word!) so that you can film underwater!

OP
OP
B

bonj2

magnatom said:
My apologies. Yes it is very waterproof. Look at the instructions and it gives you information on how to increase the waterproofness (that's a good word!) so that you can film underwater!

I'm not going to actually ride underwater. Well not with the camera under the level of the surface anyway. :biggrin: hee hee
splashproof will do!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I feel I need to point out a couple of points where you went wrong bonj

1) From the video I counted 6 sets of green lights you went through, couldn't you have slowed down and waited for them to change to red ?

2) You actually stopped at one red light. Damn you Sir ! That's just not cricket ! :biggrin: :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Elmer Fudd said:
I feel I need to point out a couple of points where you went wrong bonj

1) From the video I counted 6 sets of green lights you went through, couldn't you have slowed down and waited for them to change to red ?

2) You actually stopped at one red light. Damn you Sir ! That's just not cricket ! :biggrin: :biggrin:
:biggrin:
tsk, i don't know. I'll try harder next time.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

PrettyboyTim said:
Aha! So the reason you maintain a clean back without mudguards isn't anything to do with the incredible speed you cycle after all! :biggrin:

I don't wear dedicated cycling clothes for commuting, and don't have changing facilities or showers at work. Hence, if it's raining in the morning, I don't cycle in, 'cos I'll be wet all day at work. But if it's raining on the way home in the afternoon, I don't mind, 'cos I can have a shower and get changed when I get home - on some of the occasions when I've done so, I haven't noticed any mud on my back.
What happens a lot more frequently, is that I'll cycle when it's been raining but isn't raining currently. e.g. this morning, there's still a lot of puddles around. and I haven't got mud on my back now.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

BentMikey said:
Well, he doesn't seem as fast as Hackbike6, but not very slow either!

I've noticed this. It never seems like you're going that fast from a camera.
I was just looking at maggot's footage of cycling down cheddar gorge, and it doesn't look that fast, but then he claims some of it was 45mph! :biggrin:
Maybe if it was mounted on the forks just above the front dropout it would seem faster?
I suppose helmet mounted would seem slowest going by the highest-seems-slowest prinicple, but then you could occasionally deliberately point the camera at your computer every now and again?

bonj said:
I don't wear dedicated cycling clothes for commuting,

Ohhh yes you do!! Look at the first few seconds of your clip. Do I spy some fingerless gloves adorning your hands?

Me thinks you have been rumbled :biggrin::biggrin:

Do I get a prize:biggrin:

Top Bottom