England : Kent A flat (well, almost) pootle in Kent - Sun. 1st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
And even though I was 64/64, I feel guilty in joining the bandwagon, sorry!

I managed to break my fixes brake cable on the way home earlier and my silver spesh needs an over haul before next weeks jaunt, so a day of mechanic awaits tomorrow..

Have a great one though!

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Any idea what time we're likely to be back at Ashford?

Probably just before 5 pm.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well I'm up and leaving for Ashford at 6.30. I hope there'll be other people there!!

I may need to head off a bit earlier as Ashford at 5pm leaves me getting home around 9pm but we'll see.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well that was interesting. The forecast said sunny and it was. 60 gloriously sunny miles down to Ashford, some roads wet with earlier rain but a joy of a day to be out. Started to drizzle just outside Ashford but just a shower. Met topcat and bobcat (been waiting to type that ever since). Adam, Rebecca, deptfordmarmoset and jennie all turned up in due course and off we went. It rained, it stopped, it rained again. Still it was all good fun, I didn't even mind the headwind. Lunch was huge, some of the fish were part whale.

I said my goodbyes after lunch and set off for the 70 miles home. The headwind (how, just how does this work) alternated with a vicious crosswind. The run to Ashford seemed much longer than it is. And then about a mile from the station the rain started. So 60 miles on my own in the rain or a train from Ashford. The train won. A quick cycle from Bromley south to home brought up 105 miles.

Thanks for organising Adam but can we go to Spain next year? I :-)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If the fish hadn't been so enormous I'd have tried their profritter rolls!

Thanks for the good company all round and excellent ride and guide work from Adam, who was even kind enough to curtail the ride a little to sidestep the headwind. For which I am extremely grateful! Out of the wind now, the world seems very, very quiet.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Bungalicious!

Lovely photos. I also have a yen to see Dungeness - and we'd planned it for our tour after Whitstable. Soggy skies, filthy headwinds and a slightly rebellious stoker saw us turn right for Rye slightly early.

Seeing these photos confirms me in my desire - on a sunny day. In an odd way it's reminiscent of Druridge Bay (windswept, empty, nuclear power station), which represented the seaside for me as a youngster.

Top Bottom