A Friendly Place...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
beanzontoast said:
It's up to you what you do, but I second that.

I 3rd it.
I seem to remember you were disgusted by impressed with my eating habits! :wacko:

Maz

Guru
As 'commuting' has got stale, I find myself wasting more and more time in Soapbox and Café.

Arch

Married to Night Train
beanzontoast said:
Maybe I should start a 'Coffee' thread for us non-conformists...?

Probably be chucked out completely! :smile:

You're welcome, but it's been tried and somehow, it never had the staying power of a good old cuppa...:wacko:

Hi Tete

I would be sad to see you depart.

If you are a bit scunnered just take a look at some of the other fora around, makes me feel this place is alright.

Someone earlier used the analogy of a pub, which I think is spot on, there are one or two people here that quite frankly I wouldn't give the time of day to, but equally there are some who make me smile. All part of life's rich tapestry

I look at it as a bit of fun, I dip in and out of here as I please, I find it pretty useful and the times when I have asked for help, I have been astonished at the reponse (often to non cycling related issues)

If you do go, I wish you all the best (hopefully you won't though)

mondobongo

Über Member
Tete stay and have some fun. I find that forums tend to be cyclical really good for a while before tapering off and not a lot to interest me before turning a corner and becoming really interesting again. As others have said ignore those posts which either don't interest you or rile you.
Hopefully the ACF thread will fall off the page shortly having run its course.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's only a bleedin' forum. Don't take it so seriously.:wacko:

Danny

Legendary Member
CC clearly has a core group of people who are very regular (some might say obsessive) posters who have clocked up 4,000 or even 5,000+ posts. This I suppose can make the forum seem a bit stale or even cliquey to some, but for the most part the "hard core" are pretty open to others joining in on discussions.

Personally I am happy to dip into the threads that look interesting and ignore others that don't appeal to me, including most of what goes on in Soapbox. Having said that, I have more than once been surprised to find that some threads turn out to be much more interesting than I initially expected (e.g. What book are you currently reading)

I still think that CC is still the best cycling forum. I occasionally look at BR but am rarely tempted to join in any of the discussions, and the CTC forum is worthy but dull.

People who post requests for advice on CC generally get a knowledgeable and helpful response within hours, and most of the debates seem to be much better informed, and less likely to descend into simple abuse than the equivalent on BR.

And last but not least we have Bonj whose posts always brighten my day :wacko:

Dannyg said:
CC clearly has a core group of people who are very regular (some might say obsessive) posters who have clocked up 4,000 or even 5,000+ posts. This I suppose can make the forum seem a bit stale or even cliquey to some, but for the most part the "hard core" are pretty open to others joining in on discussions.

Personally I am happy to dip into the threads that look interesting and ignore others that don't appeal to me, including most of what goes on in Soapbox. Having said that, I have more than once been surprised to find that some threads turn out to be much more interesting than I initially expected (e.g. What book are you currently reading)

I still think that CC is still the best cycling forum. I occasionally look at BR but am rarely tempted to join in any of the discussions, and the CTC forum is worthy but dull.

People who post requests for advice on CC generally get a knowledgeable and helpful response within hours, and most of the debates seem to be much better informed, and less likely to descend into simple abuse than the equivalent on BR.

And last but not least we have Bonj whose posts always brighten my day :biggrin:

Nah - it's catchy, but the slogan department would never go for it...

yenrod

Id like to know why people who visit here wind each other up cause when it gets serious what happens...

I feel your all able to work that out

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Tete and andy, I hope you'll hang on in there, you both have good stuff to say.
I think there has been a bit of a lull recently, but any forum is only as good as its posters. I agree that some arguments just become petty squabbles (hence bunfights), but it's up to all of us to shape CC. Use the ignore functions if that helps, or report poor behaviour.
The ACF stuff will blow-over soon.

Top Bottom