A good day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I went out for a good long ride this morning to try and push my distance barrier further, I had set of a 70 mile route and I have mapped it in MMR for you all to have a look at

Map My Ride

The route took me over to Ellesmere and back in around 5 hrs including rest stops at various places. I am now absolutely knackered and am dreading the commute tomorrow as I am sure my legs will disagree with doing any form of movement.

When I had arrived back home I found that my new touring bike had arrived courtesy of EBC (pics later), so I promptly got it out of it's box and did the few little jobs that are required to put it together (putting pedals on and turning the handlebars round). It is now ready to ride but I won't be on it tomorrow as I have no panniers for it yet or a suitably tough d-lock, plus it isn't insured for loss or damage either! Also unsure of whether to go clipless on this bike as well, I am not sure how good SPD pedal s will be for long distance touring and whether I am better off with toe clips and straps.

In all, quite a good day and now I have two bike to look after, whereas before I left I only had the one I was riding
smile.gif

Top Bottom