A little bike choice advice if you don't mind?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesM

I am looking to start commuting along the canal from work (and to work when they put showers in)

It's nearly all on the Leeds Liverpool canal tow path to and from Leeds so I think a hybrid might do the trick and front suspension would be useful.

I am looking at around £300 - £400.

I have looked at loads of options and been to a couple of local bike shops. I'm thinking one of two Giant bikes might be the one for me - either the CRS 3.0 FS or the CYPRESS LX.

Does anyone have any experience of either of those bikes or any other recommendations for around that budget? My LBS stocks Giant, GT, Mongoose, Raleigh and Specialized amongst others. I will be heading there for advice but I thought I'd see if anyone here has experience of either of these bikes?

Thanks,

James

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The new Specialized Globe Sport 2009 may be right up your tow path.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/crosstrail-sport-2009-hybrid-bike-ec016914

In your budget with some to spare for lights, locks etc

OP
OP
JamesM

JamesM

I can't find that on the Specialized website. Also you refer to it as a globe sport but the website says crosstrail sport. Is that just a different model name for this year? I'll try to get into my LBS before it closes and grab a specialized catalogue if they have one.

Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom