A new experience - SNOW!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Had some really thick snow flakes here today which started to stick about 1/2 hour before I left for work. I admit that I was quite nervous at first because I have never rode in it before, but when I realised I wasn't going to go arse over tit off the bike, I enjoyed it.

And the brandy and shower when I got home! Fantastic! :tongue:

I have pulled the old MTB out the shed though ready for tomorrow - unless there's ice, which I believe there may be. :angry:

snapper_37 said:
Had some really thick snow flakes here today which started to stick about 1/2 hour before I left for work. I admit that I was quite nervous at first because I have never rode in it before, but when I realised I wasn't going to go arse over tit off the bike, I enjoyed it.

And the brandy and shower when I got home! Fantastic! :tongue:

I have pulled the old MTB out the shed though ready for tomorrow - unless there's ice, which I believe there may be. :angry:

How did you stop the Brandy getting too dilute :tongue:;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Fresh snow is generally OK to ride in, it's fun if it snows overnight and you can get out early before it gets slushy'n'horrible.

If it snows on top of frozen old snow it's somewhat trickier to stay on.

Tharg2007

Veteran
Crackle said:
How did you stop the Brandy getting too dilute :angry:;)

he used a cocktail umbrella
cocktail-umbrella-thumb.jpg

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

palinurus said:
Fresh snow is generally OK to ride in, it's fun if it snows overnight and you can get out early before it gets slushy'n'horrible.

If it snows on top of frozen old snow it's somewhat trickier to stay on.

Yeah I guessed that. I suppose I'm just a bit hyper because my crash on ice last year freaked me out a bit so I was a bit 'chest-puffed out' (36DD hey hey) lol to have felt ok with it tonight :angry:

There's a clue there somewhere Tharg!

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Crackle said:
How did you stop the Brandy getting too dilute :angry:;)

I'm not even going to go there with you :tongue: ............... obviously!

jimboalee

+1 on Davyo.

Ice speedway. When was the last time I did that? 1976. Solihull rink after a Solihull Barons hockey training session.

You need full hockey kit. We used 26 x 1 3/8 wheel size with screws through the outer tire and a cut down second tire inside.
There were a couple of Cannuks in the Barons, and apparently, ice cycle speedway was done over there.
Bicycle speedway was big in Birmingham after the war and the LBS owners gave away their secrets hoping it would re-emerge, but it didn’t, due to the skateboard.

upandover

Guru
I've read a few posts which suggest a mountain bike is better than a road bike in winter/snow, but never quite saying it clearly.

Is that a consensus, or is it a disputed fact :ohmy:

Cheers
Steve

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just poked me head out the back door to stop the hound barking at squirrels and it's snowing NOW! It never snows in London, and certainly not in October. I've lived here getting on for half a century and I can't remember it ever snowing in October. What the hell happened to global warming?

Top Bottom