A New Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After a lot of miles i decided the Brooks wasn't the saddle for the green machine (sore arse and chaffing i know it's still to be worn in ) so that's going onto the tourer so I now have the dilemma of going for

1 Charge Spoon

2.Gusset R series race saddle

never having used either of them i wonder if some of you folks have had daliances with either

Manonabike

Über Member
What is the difference in hight between saddle and handlebars? In they are level or saddle is higher then perhaps the charge spoon will not be comfortable.

totallyfixed

Veteran
Difference in height is a bit like what's your average speed, it's very subjective, depends on too many variables to give a definitive answer.

Manonabike

Über Member
Difference in height is a bit like what's your average speed, it's very subjective, depends on too many variables to give a definitive answer.

I don't really understand your analogy. I saddle for an upright position is certainly very different to a saddle for a more aggressive riding position. Since saddles are such a personal choice the only chance for me to give some advice that can be used is to find out what the sitting position is..... if the OP intends to ride in an upright position then I would not advise him to buy a charge spoon saddle. With handlebars and saddle about the same level then the charge spoon might be ok but longer rides will probably prove painful :biggrin:

OP
OP
S
Manonabike thanks for the info on the spoon I forgot to add the bike is a racing type with drops so the spoon is probably no the way to go. I do have a Specialized split bg saddle which is like sitting in a big comfy armchair which I think will be better than the original saddle which is about as comfy as sitting on a field of thistles ,looks like I'll just have to try out some other types till I find the right one .

Manonabike

Über Member
Manonabike thanks for the info on the spoon I forgot to add the bike is a racing type with drops so the spoon is probably no the way to go. I do have a Specialized split bg saddle which is like sitting in a big comfy armchair which I think will be better than the original saddle which is about as comfy as sitting on a field of thistles ,looks like I'll just have to try out some other types till I find the right one .

Maybe I did not make myself clear but for a bike like that you would be ok with a charge spoon then again that is a very personal thing.... you might love it or hate it :biggrin:

colinr

I used to have a Spoon, very comfortable for regular riding.
And they're super cheap compared to most.

SquareDaff

Über Member
I have a spoon at the moment. Bought one to get rid of the factory fitted saddle on my hybrid. The most comfortable my backside hs been in a while. Worth every penny!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom