A new trend with fakengers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhys_Po

Unipack - www.unipackuk.co.uk piling them high and selling them cheap.

Cheap, heavy and nasty.

The Apollo of the Fixed Gear world.

mm101

I really don't get fixed gear at all. Why when you can freewheel? Is like choosing a cassette playing walkman over an Mp3.

mm101

Rhys_Po said:
See you on page 53.

;)

I genuinely don't get them. I remember the first toy bike i had as a kid was fixed and the feeling of how great it was to get my first proper bike with a freewheel. Each to their own though. Am curious to learn why people favour them.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
MajorMantra said:

"A fixed-gear bike is considerably lighter than a multi-speed bike of comparable quality, due to the abscence of the rear brake,derailers, shift levers, and extra sprockets."

Presumably that becomes a benefit when you are carrying it's mangled remains home after extracting it from beneath a van, or other calamity where brakes would have helped.

amnezia

upsidedown said:
"A fixed-gear bike is considerably lighter than a multi-speed bike of comparable quality, due to the abscence of the rear brake,derailers, shift levers, and extra sprockets."

Presumably that becomes a benefit when you are carrying it's mangled remains home after extracting it from beneath a van, or other calamity where brakes would have helped.

they have front brakes and the fixed hub acts as a rear brake.

Top Bottom