A 'prune' question....for you prune eaters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Following my constipation problems I am trying prunes. Can't say they are yummy.
Daughter get me a pack and I have (or had) 4 each day.
They are ASDA 500gm
However.........
Just read the package which says "consume within one week" :eek:.
No chance
So......
Which type/brand do you have ?

Julia9054

Guru
Prunes are indeed yukky. However, I snack on dried figs constantly which are the food of the gods. All brands are good but have a feel of the packet, the softer and squishier they are the better. Great cycling snack too.
(I am “regular ”!)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Usually tinned prunes in juice, not syrup. Stone in, or stone out, depending on which tin I pick up.
I'd treat the 'consume within 4 days' as optional, though, personally. Just keep them in the fridge.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Prunes are indeed yukky. However, I snack on dried figs constantly which are the food of the gods. All brands are good but have a feel of the packet, the softer and squishier they are the better. Great cycling snack too.
(I am “regular ”!)
Any particular brand ???

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Prunes are good. As above, they are preserved plums, screw-top jar in fridge and they will keep well, although they're eaten within a couple of days at ours.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
:ohmy: What madness is this???

Anyway, I decant a packet into a large jar. They keep for months, no problem.
There are some strange people on CC....

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Usually tinned prunes in juice, not syrup. Stone in, or stone out, depending on which tin I pick up.
I'd treat the 'consume within 4 days' as optional, though, personally. Just keep them in the fridge.
I sort of agree but it says 7 days and these have been open at least 3 weeks NOT in the fridge

Top Bottom