A 'prune' question....for you prune eaters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I sort of agree but it says 7 days and these have been open at least 3 weeks NOT in the fridge
I don't keep mine in the fridge - dried fruit keeps pretty much indefinitely as long as you keep it, well... dry. I get packet ones, from either health food shops, online, or supermarkets - usually the own-brand/no-brand ones.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I like the soft ready to eat prunes, advise on packet says store in fridge once opened . As suggested other dried fruits are effective, figs “ mmmm” or soft dried apricots. Have you tried wheat bran heaped desert spoon on breakfast cereal or in porridge , that works .
(edit). Try Dates if you’re not a prune person. :laugh:

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
Following my constipation problems I am trying prunes. Can't say they are yummy.
Daughter get me a pack and I have (or had) 4 each day.
They are ASDA 500gm
However.........
Just read the package which says "consume within one week" :eek:.
No chance
So......
Which type/brand do you have ?

Simmer gently in Armagnac for a minute or so. Eat with vanilla cream.

Then they will be Yummy!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
'Alesto' Soft Pitted Prunes, 250 g for 85p from Lidl, four in the porridge every morning.
How anyone had the patience to discover that they would keep for months amazes me, unless buying by the tonne^_^.

1615975012750.png

:ohmy:

Kajjal

Guru
The K-Club in Kildare serves prunes in alcohol for breakfast, a proper way to start the day after the smoked-salmon, scrambled-eggs and champagne....
Your diet is very brave prunes in alcohol for breakfast , then champagne and 8 pints of real ale with a vindaloo for evening meal :notworthy:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Prunes are amazing, I love 'em. I often have prunes and yoghurt, in fact, if I could only have one thing for pudding for the rest of my life, that would be it.
I get mine from Aldi, dried, pitted, in a bag.
My father and his three brothers all died from bowel cancer at the same age. I'm not taking any chances!

MntnMan62

Über Member

keithmac

Guru
I'm quite partial to a fig roll but never eaten a prune as far as I can remember.

I've found Iceland's Grim Reaper curry has quite an effect down below!.

If you don't like prunes Dave use something else.
I can recommend a chicken stir fry of an evening with minimal chicken and lots and lots of veg, with generous amounts of sliced turnip. If you have to go out, particularly on the bike, in the morning, allow a couple of hours in the morning to allow your innards to do their stuff. Set up for the day.
In short, you don't have to eat prunes - it's not a commandment.,

Top Bottom