A question for the olduns on here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Thought you were still working? If under pension age of 66, do not think you can call yourself old just yet.

Well thank you !

56, feel 156 sometimes !
 

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Moderator
Location
Glasgow
She then completed our humiliation by stretching down and putting the palms of her hands on the ground...

Time for me to start doing stretching exercises!
Probably hypermobility: I got that condition, can do what your friend does and more - I'm 63.
When I was much younger I used to tell my best friend that she was weird because she couldn't bend like I could.
Surely everyone can do this, I used to say.
She kept saying, no, you're the weird one.
Until, about 30 years later, I went to a physio with a yet another knee injury.
He said I was hypermobile and need to watch the way I move ... I apologized to my friend :laugh:
 

colly

Re member eR
Location
Leeds
I (aged 70) was discussing that subject with one of my sister's neighbours (aged 77) last month. Neither of us can stretch down to touch our toes; we can barely reach our shins!

Our conversation was overhead by another neighbour (late 70s) who declared that toe-touching was not a problem, and proved it to us. In fact, knuckles on the ground wasn't a problem either. She then completed our humiliation by stretching down and putting the palms of her hands on the ground...

Time for me to start doing stretching exercises!
My chiropractor, a few years ago, said in the gym you see older guys pushing weights and young girls/women doing yoga. He said the older guys should be doing the yoga and the girls/women pushing weights.
 

Alex321

Guru
Location
South Wales
At 67, I can still touch my toes.

Getting socks on can be hard work, but mainly because I find it difficult with some of my socks to pull them over the heel.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
My chiropractor, a few years ago, said in the gym you see older guys pushing weights and young girls/women doing yoga. He said the older guys should be doing the yoga and the girls/women pushing weights.

He won't be saying that when he has to call for help to lift him off the crapper or when his bones are crumbling due to osteoporosis.
 

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Our local swimming pool seems a lot longer than it was a few years ago.
 
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
Well thank you !

56, feel 156 sometimes !

Jeez, I have a daughter your age
It's mostly us women in danger to get osteoporosis, because our bodies produce less estrogen as we get older.
Weight resistant exercise keeps bones healthy.
Men tend to become less flexible.
@colly's chiropractor was correct.

My MiL suffered a lot with it, my wife less so but my daughter developed it relatively young.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
It's mostly us women in danger to get osteoporosis, because our bodies produce less estrogen as we get older.
Weight resistant exercise keeps bones healthy.
Men tend to become less flexible.
@colly's chiropractor was correct.

Having been called to a job to help lift an old boy off the great white telephone, Ill take maintaining some strength over being able to touch my toes.

And im already suffering bone density problems - not osteoporosis, different cause, but the means of warding off are the same, resistance exercise and calcium. I may be in touch with my feminine side, but I is deffo a bloke! ;)
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom