A saddle sore.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Managed to get myself a lump half the size of a 5p at the top of my leg/hip junction on the crease. It's quite tender when sitting on any of my saddles. I think it's an inflamed follicle but this might be incorrect.

Taking time off the bike isn't an option and I've got a week before a couple of weeks with some decent distances in.

Sudocrem isn't touching it, been trying that for a week or so now. I've got some sterile needles - would popping it be recommended? Maybe treat it with TCP afterwards? ;)

Or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
VISIT YOUR DR!!

It might need lancing, it might some steroid cream, it might be a new leg growing, but you really need to see a Dr. who can tell you what it needs. If i had a lump the size of a broad bean, i would be at the Dr's today!

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've just got rid of one. Mine was positioned right in the middle of the usual area .

I put up with it for a while but it just kept growing so I did a diy lance and washed it with some sterilising solution that kills 99.99% of germs. It bought tears to my eyes and made my nose run ;) I just keep scrubbing it and putting sudocrem on it every few hours and it has almost gone.

It was the largest I've ever had, I got it from over doing the mileage over the last few weekends on a saddle that I didn't like ( that's now ****ed off )

The rotary sander is a good idea but an angle grinder may be required if it's persistent :biggrin:

Blonde

An ingrown hair usually has a definite dark tip (which is the hair) and you can fish it out with a sterilised needle or pin and that solves the issue. Or, maaybe it's got a yellow head on it? Cor, those sort are good! I've had some like that (an acne-type spot) and just used hot water to burst and squeezed - all very satisfying. Just have to keep it clean afterwards till healed. If it's really hard and it's got no head on it, it sounds like it could be caused by pressure on that point (I once had one like that too) which means you may just have to put up with some time off the bike till it's gone and possibly review your set-up or saddle.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Right, good advice thankyou.

I've been talking with a veterinary friend who has a cycling other half and she recommended a hot salty water compress twice a day followed by dabbing a bit of my steroid cream - used for excema - on it and then going to the docs if no improvement. I'll see how that works. No lancing or sanders, phew!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I had one last week - it had a bright red top so I called it Hazel, although it was nowhere near as septic as the original. Hot bath, and then a bit of de-selection with thumb and forefinger followed by TCP. Yow! and double yow!

If only the Labour Party's problems were as easily solved.....

Tynan

Veteran
had one last year some some possibly questionable washing of shorts, hard as a bullet and too far under the skin to do anything forcefull with

a few days off made it much better and then clinical cleanliness and keeping pressure off it when riding

Lisa21

Mooching.............
longers said:
Right, good advice thankyou.

I've been talking with a veterinary friend who has a cycling other half and she recommended a hot salty water compress twice a day followed by dabbing a bit of my steroid cream - used for excema - on it and then going to the docs if no improvement. I'll see how that works. No lancing or sanders, phew!

Your Avatar pic.........it IS you then???????

;)

Top Bottom