A very proud owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
I have been looking for sometime for my first road bike and have finally bought a Claud Buttler Criterium (£150 off in the sales). As it's my first road bike I wanted to start at the bottom end and work up. She's sitting in the dining room looking very pretty. My wife keeps asking when the bike is moving to the garage.....very harsh:hyper:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I assume you've already suggested she might prefer the garage to herself...^_^

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
If you put it out in the garage, the lubricant might freeze and you will fall off. If you put it out there in the summer, the lubricant might dry out and you will fall off. In Spring & Autumn mice can nibble your tyres and you will fall off.

donnyjnk

Take the wife to the bike and introduce her to it slowly. Don't let her get too close though there is only enough space for one. If she wants a bike let her get her own. Then get some name stickers for it that will really change the look on her face.

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
If you put it out in the garage, the lubricant might freeze and you will fall off. If you put it out there in the summer, the lubricant might dry out and you will fall off. In Spring & Autumn mice can nibble your tyres and you will fall off.
My wife says I'm well insured And again I say harsh I'll post some pics at the weekend

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Take the wife to the bike and introduce her to it slowly. Don't let her get too close though there is only enough space for one. If she wants a bike let her get her own. Then get some name stickers for it that will really change the look on her face.
Like it the colours are yellow,black, green and white the same colours as the jamaican bobsledder team in cool runnings so how about a name for the new lady in my life suggestions all welcome

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
have all 4 of mine in the house ...g/f has no say in the matter hers is in the hall way ..^_^ (did have 5 just sold 1)
I only have 3 but they reside in the garage along with the multi gym + exercise bike , i mean a guys got to have some space to himslef that is not either feminized or covered in the general crap mess kids generate :surrender:

Is the OP`s bike the sort with shifters on the tops? i did look at those but i much prefer to use STI as i like to keep my hands nearer the brakes and i ride with the hands on the hoods 90 % of the time anyway , if i had spent £150 i would have gone second hand and looked to pick up something with those .

I am sure its a nice bike and i am not knocking it , just an opinion .I hope you have many miles of fun !!!

Top Bottom