A week without a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I look more professional driving with my race helmet on, but then again, I'm on a fast train without seat belt or helmet....

Whatabout commercial flights? How come I'm not issued with a pressurised sky dive suit or whatever that space jump guy was wearing?

I'm confused, and scared.

01029420.interactive.a.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i see someone with a good head of hair riding a bike without a helmet i don't think anything of it,but when i see a bald bloke or especially a shaven headed one without a helmet i think cracked eggs!:eek:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've not worn mine for the last week or so. As with wearing black vs bright colours/hi-viz I've not noticed any difference in close passes vs respectful overtakes, the ratio remaining small minority:majority.

I've not worn mine for the last week or so. As with wearing black vs bright colours/hi-viz I've not noticed any difference in close passes vs respectful overtakes, the ratio remaining small minority:majority.

Helmet or toupee?

Many comments about helmets focus on the risk of being hit by a vehicle, many of them challenge their adoption on the grounds of why should the 'victim' have to take special steps, surely the onus should be on the 'aggressor', meaning motorist. But this misses the point that many of the potential accidents in which a helmet could offer protection have nothing to do with vehicles. To name but a few, unexpected actions from pedestrians, small children, dogs, (increasingly) deer, and not least other cyclists, also risks from potholes, mechanical failures, even a simple puncture at a bad time going into a corner. If cars and lorries and buses didn't exist it would still be good sense to wear a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom