A well stocked drinks cabinet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Keep the cheap whiskey and wine for your guests and the nice stuff for yourself:whistle:
I give the whiskey to the neighbor's and keep the whisky for myself. :okay:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Warninks Advokaat...that's all I remember of drinks cabinets.Only to be drunk at Christmas.
We have a never ending bottle of Baileys which we buy every Christmas. About quarter gets drunk in December, then it sits in the drink cupboard all year, until November when we throw it away because it’s probably gone off and then buy a new one for Christmas.

Adam4868

Guru
We have a never ending bottle of Baileys which we buy every Christmas. About quarter gets drunk in December, then it sits in the drink cupboard all year, until November when we throw it away because it’s probably gone off and then buy a new one for Christmas.
I can't really drink anything like Bailey's,probally save it for unwanted guests or possibly chain lube ?

MntnMan62

Über Member
I think the rule of thumb is to first stock those things that you prefer to drink. So for me that would be Ketel One, Bombay Sapphire, El Dorado 15, Lagavulin 16, Clyde May's Alabama Whiskey, an anejo tequila, Sambucca Black and Lillet Blanc for my Vesper Martinis. This also assumes I've got some differents on hand as well as some nice red wines that I like. The thing about my needs is that I drink everything straight. No mixing. I drink each one on the rocks. Obviously the Vesper involves mixing them. But then I'd probably want some other spirits that are more suitable to mixing. And that portion of the collection would likely reflect who I have visiting enough to warrant having stuff on hand for them. I wouldn't go by the "bartender's guide" because it would likely cost a small fortune to have everything they suggest. It's kind of like what they tell you on an airplane. In the event of an emergency, put your own mask on before attending to your children. It applies here too.

As investment oppertunities go , this one has legs. Maybe open a mutual fund to let others share in the investment.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I wondered whether I should get a drinks cabinet first. I am thinking either a barrel shaped one, or one of those globe on stilts cabinets. I am a bit concerned those globe cabinets might not be very stable. Do beer fridges generally have ice boxes? If they do then I'm sorted if I am ever entertaining guests.

stephec

Legendary Member
It's got to be one of these.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We still have a bottle of:
Apfelschnapps, from our first ski holiday to Westendorf in Austria... circa 1985
Limoncello, from a holiday to Sorrento circa 2005, and,
Drambuie, a first Christmas present from someone after we got married...

We still have a bottle of:
Apfelschnapps, from our first ski holiday to Westendorf in Austria... circa 1985
Limoncello, from a holiday to Sorrento circa 2005, and,
Drambuie, a first Christmas present from someone after we got married...

We have a recipe for “chilled lemon flan” and Mrs Optic puts a heaped tablespoon of limoncello in it 😋

Top Bottom