A57 Snake Pass Closure February and March 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Better off closing the lot and protecting the stupid from hurting themselves.
Why have they taken this unusual action? There are thousands of works carried out in a more helpful fashion. A qucik google:
1646822236843.png

1646822258510.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I can see pavements and not a crumbling/sliding road (PS it's still moving) - do you know the 'Snake Pass@ at all, or where the damage is ? Or are you going to google it with stock pictures.

Rightly, or wrongly, they have closed the road due to too many people going passed the road works. Not a big deal, there are other routes.

If you feel so strongly, go complain to the council then. It's closed for a few weeks. Use another route.

Reactions: C R

straas

Matt
They are trying to repair the road - they close motorways when there is a serious failure of the structure. The road is knackered. It's not a small pot hole - they will most likely have to remove significant parts of the road, and completely re-build the retaining features - it's sliding down the valley !

You are talking bollocks now. People like you would soon be onto your lawyer if you tripped over getting past the road closure. :wacko:

Quite a lot of examples of roads remaining open to most traffic with ongoing landslides.

Also this is a gradual rather than catastrophic mechanism, especially in the areas where failure has already occurred.

fossyant

Quite a lot of examples of roads remaining open to most traffic with ongoing landslides.

Also this is a gradual rather than catastrophic mechanism, especially in the areas where failure has already occurred.

Fair enough, but complain if you don't like it ? It's not a big deal. The road needs fixing, and I'm sure the contractors would rather people weren't trying to get through in a confined space. Its shut, so what, use one of the other many routes.

People need to take a chill pill. It's a minor inconvenience. Plenty of other places to ride/drive ? If it was your commute route, then you'll be a little inconvenienced, but they will know the road shuts to weather conditions often. Blame god ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The Snake closes regular for SNOW - upto you if you go up without the correct equipment ! Otherwise, take a different route.

How many times did it close for snow this winter?

fossyant

How many times did it close for snow this winter?

Oh double FFS - not many days as we've not had much snow. Get a bloody life. It's a road, closed for a few weeks, there are other routes. This forum is full of people with nothing else to do.

If, when out mountain biking, and it say's trail closed, I'll ride another one. Reason is trees are usually falling down, possibly might fall down, or some poor sod is working on the trail to fix it, and would rather not have to stop because you want to ride past. Simple.

What is it with these self righteous knobbers. Oh yeh, you've got the Snake closed to all because of your actions. Cheers.

I'd have gone up at weekend - I was just waiting for a tailwind day on the Glossop side. Can't now, cheers knobbers.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If they need to close the M6 for repairs between junctions 14-16, do they close the entire M6 from end to end?
Mr Ming, They have effectively closed the Snake between jct 14 & 15, where 14 is the last junction on the Glossop side and 15 is the next junction, where the road for the Derwent valley joins. There is nothing inbetween except a few solitary homesteads and farms. They have maintained access only for these people but unfortunately cannot safely keep the road open for anyone else who is just going up on a sightseeing jolly or to mess around.

It's quite simple, get over it, normal service will be resumed shortly.....

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Oh double FFS - not many days as we've not had much snow. Get a bloody life. It's a road, closed for a few weeks, there are other routes. This forum is full of people with nothing else to do.

If, when out mountain biking, and it say's trail closed, I'll ride another one. Reason is trees are usually falling down, possibly might fall down, or some poor sod is working on the trail to fix it, and would rather not have to stop because you want to ride past. Simple.

What is it with these self righteous knobbers. Oh yeh, you've got the Snake closed to all because of your actions. Cheers.

I'd have gone up at weekend - I was just waiting for a tailwind day on the Glossop side. Can't now, cheers knobbers.

Take a chill pill. I was trying to get your sense of regular. Which is not many days, which is different to my sense of regular.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Mr Ming, They have effectively closed the Snake between jct 14 & 15, where 14 is the last junction on the Glossop side and 15 is the next junction, where the road for the Derwent valley joins. There is nothing inbetween except a few solitary homesteads and farms. They have maintained access only for these people but unfortunately cannot safely keep the road open for anyone else who is just going up on a sightseeing jolly or to mess around.

It's quite simple, get over it, normal service will be resumed shortly.....

Why can’t it be kept open from Glossop to the summit? I am well familiar with the road having grown up in the area.

Top Bottom