AA Cyclists Highway Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Agree entirely but to extend coincidental car and bike ownership to a motoring oriented organisation speaking for cyclists is a stretch too far.

I own a cooker
and a car, does this empower the AA speak for me on culinary matters?
Gas or electric?

classic33

Leg End Member
Agree entirely but to extend coincidental car and bike ownership to a motoring oriented organisation speaking for cyclists is a stretch too far.

I own a cooker
and a car, does this empower the AA speak for me on culinary matters?
Gas or electric?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just to be fancy both. Brand new rangemaster delivered yesterday ready for the new kitchen

well if we're in a cooker frame of mind I got my fleabay bargain Falcon big bertha last week. The oven doesn't have the 6 different modes of the latest model, but since I only use "getting hot" mode and have got flumoxed in the past by "which bloody setting makes it come on" this isn't a great loss, especially as I've now got an extra two grand in my pocket compared to a new one

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
wipe the dirt from wheels” (really? who does that?) weekly—yes, weekly

http://singletrackworld.com/columns/2016/06/bugs-in-the-code/
I do the tyres at least once a week(helps you see anything that may cause problems). Wheels, depends on what I've ridden through.

snorri

Legendary Member
This new book could be of benefit to cyclists too young to hold a driving licence and who are unlikely to trawl through the Highway Code for the parts solely applicable to cyclists.
Perhaps:smile:.

classic33

Leg End Member
This new book could be of benefit to cyclists too young to hold a driving licence and who are unlikely to trawl through the Highway Code for the parts solely applicable to cyclists.
Perhaps:smile:.
Only if they've learned from their mistakes on the previous one they were going to bring out. It's aimed at adults though.

Too many "should's" replaced with "must's". John Franklins Roadcraft came out shortly before it.

In a statistic I've just made up 76.4% of drivers haven't a Danny what a mandatory cycle lane means, an explanation would have been helpful.

classic33

Leg End Member
In a statistic I've just made up 76.4% of drivers haven't a Danny what a mandatory cycle lane means, an explanation would have been helpful.
It's that line some councils paint down the edge of the road, where everything ends up, so that they can say "we're giving you somewhere safe to ride your bikes".

Top Bottom