AA Cyclists Highway Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Agree entirely but to extend coincidental car and bike ownership to a motoring oriented organisation speaking for cyclists is a stretch too far.
Coincidental?

and clearly not a stretch too far in the AA's pov even if it is seen as such in the tiny corner of cycling that is cc.

Drago

Legendary Member
Interesting about the AA's past association with British Gash (sic) considering how woeful they both are for their customer services.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Coincidental?

and clearly not a stretch too far in the AA's pov even if it is seen as such in the tiny corner of cycling that is cc.

Co-incidental rather than oooh what a coincidence.

Owning either a bike or a car does not mandate ownership of the other. Nor does it enable the Automibile Association to usurp BC or whatever CTC is now called.

A commercial organisation trying to extend its reach and income streams: wow, hold the front pages.....

They've be stupid not to try to muscle in on cyclings supposedly representative bodies territory, with the increase in interest (good and bad).

That doesn't mean that it's necessarily right for them to do so nor that they are doing it for the right reasons. They have a very real membership renewal imperative not to aggravate their core motoring membership & not to break a model that works for them, that is massively predicated on motor vehicles with bikes when AA put them in mainstream focus largely relegated to publicity stunt giveaways that reinforce the victim blame mentality that a plastic hat and a yellow vest are essential cycling attire.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Co-incidental rather than oooh what a coincidence.

Owning either a bike or a car does not mandate ownership of the other. Nor does it enable the Automibile Association to usurp BC or whatever CTC is now called.

A commercial organisation trying to extend its reach and income streams: wow, hold the front pages.....

They've be stupid not to try to muscle in on cyclings supposedly representative bodies territory, with the increase in interest (good and bad).

That doesn't mean that it's necessarily right for them to do so nor that they are doing it for the right reasons. They have a very real membership renewal imperative not to aggravate their core motoring membership & not to break a model that works for them, yet is massively predicated on motor vehicles with bikes when Aa put them in mainstream focus largely relegated to publicity stunt giveaways that reinforce the victim blame mentality that a plastic hat and a yellow vest are essential cycling attire.
If they are serious, then maybe they can start offerring insurance to cyclists and bring back the breakdown cover they had for cyclists. Only this time on an equal footing as motor vehicles. Meaning they don't leave you at the roadside.
The RAC cyclists cover did the same though.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No, but I was thinking parents might be attracted to buy on behalf of their offspring.
Yes, scare them out of that silly cycling and get them into motoring ASAP... but it doesn't matter because it's not in Waterstones yet and I'm unconvinced it ever will be, at twice the price of the full Highway Code.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, scare them out of that silly cycling and get them into motoring ASAP... but it doesn't matter because it's not in Waterstones yet and I'm unconvinced it ever will be, at twice the price of the full Highway Code.
Waterstones do have it.

Drago

Legendary Member
No, but I was thinking parents might be attracted to buy on behalf of their offspring.

It's a lovely thought Snorri, but I can't see many parents buying it, and even less kids putting down their X station controller to read it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Pics or it didn't happen! ;) (It's not in King's Lynn or Cambridge branches AFAICT and the website said it was "not in warehouse" which usually means they'll only order it when someone does.)
Website also takes payment for it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Pics or it didn't happen! ;) (It's not in King's Lynn or Cambridge branches AFAICT and the website said it was "not in warehouse" which usually means they'll only order it when someone does.)
Website also takes payment for it.

It's a lovely thought Snorri, but I can't see many parents buying it, and even less kids putting down their X station controller to read it.
From what I gather from this excellent article, that might be a good thing ...
Really? I mean, really? Hey, kids: I know you’ve been reluctant to ride a bike, but here’s a book with 70 pages of rules, some sort of exam, and a list of weekly chores. Thanks, dad.

classic33

Leg End Member
One review on Amazon
AA CHC.jpg

Edited to ask "No one on here, I presume?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom