ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Okay, I'm going to try and do them in order: So hopefully here are A and B

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

steverob

Guru
Only just found this - sounds a wonderful challenge and I am totally up for it. Plus I can knock off A and B within 2 minutes of leaving my house - I live on the edge of a town beginning with A, which directly abuts a village beginning with B, and both have signs next to each other on the main road that's no more than 400 yards from my door!

Looking through the Wikipedia page for my county, we're only missing a Y and a Z, although strangely V is the next hardest to get (just one hamlet, so not even sure it would have a sign - some don't round here if they're only ten or so houses and this is smaller than that). Most of the other letters I would have thought tricky, do seem to have multiple options available, which makes me optimistic.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Catching up here..

_20190123_160046.JPG

And

DSC_0491.JPG

Both on today's ride.

'D' next.

:smile:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Only just found this - sounds a wonderful challenge and I am totally up for it. Plus I can knock off A and B within 2 minutes of leaving my house - I live on the edge of a town beginning with A, which directly abuts a village beginning with B, and both have signs next to each other on the main road that's no more than 400 yards from my door!

Looking through the Wikipedia page for my county, we're only missing a Y and a Z, although strangely V is the next hardest to get (just one hamlet, so not even sure it would have a sign - some don't round here if they're only ten or so houses and this is smaller than that). Most of the other letters I would have thought tricky, do seem to have multiple options available, which makes me optimistic.

There is a V in the next county to here. That will likely be a summer outing. It is a fair old ride there and back.

steverob

Guru

Oh, and obviously I ignored "X" completely, because I don't believe there is a town or village in the UK that does begin with X, so no-one could possibly get that. Unless someone can prove otherwise of course... and if they can, I feel a mass CycleChat meetup there is in order!

Top Bottom