ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Downham.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downham,_Lancashire
There are no boundary signs for this village, so here’s my bike in front of the only place that bears the village name.

28D78B1C-FF1D-4485-B33D-DA8A28BE4076.jpeg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
is it against the flimsy rules to bag say hn&r and park them while you're still bagging f?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
E is on the cards this afternoon. It is nowhere near F,G etc. so it likely to be a single letter grab on today's outing. Quite enjoying this as it is causing me to join the villages together in different ways to normal. Will get stuck at J till I can travel further afield. Hopefully grab that one during a diversion from a planned ride in March.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve been looking ahead, and J looks to be a problem for me. I’ve yet to find anywhere in Lancashire or West Yorkshire starting with J.

Northumberland might be your closest. I am eyeing up one in Leicestershire. We have a Q down this way but Z might be another trip to Leicestershire else Cornwall. Y is in Cambridgeshire haven't looked for any X yet.

Last edited:

The Bystander

Über Member
I'm out before I've started. 4 byes would be needed. After poring over local maps and finally resorting to Wikipedia (link to place names in Northamptionshire) I can't find anywhere beginning with J, V, X or Z.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm out before I've started. 4 byes would be needed. After poring over local maps and finally resorting to Wikipedia (link to place names in Northamptionshire) I can't find anywhere beginning with J, V, X or Z.

There is a J in Leicestershire if you can get out that way. It is connected to John O'Groats if you know how the latter got its name.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

Don't believe everything on Wiki - I've just done a similar search for place names starting with 'D' in Yorkshire, as the only "local" one I can think of (Dunkeswick) is a bit of a pain to get to and will probably require a specific ride there to bag it before I can move on.
The list on Wiki doesn't even mention it, or either of the two nearest 'E's either!

Top Bottom