ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That was going to be my E choice, luckily I've got a plan B :okay:

Did not think there was any rule saying you couldn't go for the same village sign. You could always get one from the other end, this was the Eastern End. Just needs to be your bike in the photo.

The Bystander

Über Member
You have to remember they are meant to be building some new towns around Northamptonshire

Any Js, Vs, Xs or Zs you know of likely to be built this year?

There is a J in Leicestershire if you can get out that way. It is connected to John O'Groats if you know how the latter got its name.

John o gaunt
The area takes its name from the former John O' Gaunt railway station which took its name from a covert known to local hunters some distance away.[1]

Thanks guys. Just about doable given my current maximum distance.

The Bystander

Über Member
@13 rider I've just got Google to plot a route for me and it has suggested 3 routes, the least lumpy looks to be via Welham, Cranoe, Tugby and Marefield. All unknown territory for me. I'll dig the OS maps out nearer the time - still got to get A under my belt yet :blush:

I'll probably pass on Zouch and take Z as a bye - but if I get that far I might feel the need to try...

The Bystander

Über Member
[QUOTE 5499845, member: 9609"]bound to be a farm with J or V ?[/QUOTE]
OK but I thought it had to be Town or Village signs...

Oldfentiger

Veteran
[QUOTE 5499851, member: 9609"]Anyway from todays ride

View attachment 446806
don't know why they bother with please drive carefully in this village, people go through it closer to 90

View attachment 446807
Our very own Fargo

View attachment 446808
the trick is going to get signs not attached to speed limits

View attachment 446810
even got the castle in (its not a real castle though)[/QUOTE]

You do realise that, having thunk up this excellent challenge, it would be very bad form to win it yourself :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Found a hidden J in Essex and the village has a sign! About a 75 mile round trip from home. Right best get planning to get that as easier than Leicestershire. Also means I won't have to wait till a planned bike trip up that way in March.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from a windy 22 miles and got these on route .

IMG_20190113_080643570.jpg

Castle Ashby

IMG_20190113_082008643.jpg

Denton
IMG_20190113_084433654.jpg

Earls Barton

Top Bottom