ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surprised you didn't go not much further for Mangrove Green.
I've already got an MNO and P lined up for the weekend.

A great weekend for an ABC ride:

F
Fulking.JPG

Glad to get the clear sky as background to the name so the third letter might not be confused with a C, as it can be on many signs!

For G, I had a serious case of Dragons Green Syndrome - I was convinced there used to be a sign near here. Nowadays, just a crossroads and a pub. But on further investigation and retracing my ride in 4 directions, this was eventually found. No apologies for its classiness.
Godards G.JPG

And lastly, H
Henfield.JPG

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm still out on the other side of Wigan with many more miles till I get home, but whilst sat on a bench I'll add the 3 I bagged today.
First up, Limbrick.

IMG_20190423_090153.jpg

Next was Mawdesley, a few miles closer than the sign I was aiming for, but much nicer.

IMG_20190423_102453.jpg

That allowed a new more direct route to Newburgh where again, I spotted a much closer and nicer sign than the one aimed for.

IMG_20190423_104926.jpg

The sun is out, I'm sat on a bench by the canal drinking my tea and relaxed and happy ^_^

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Struggled to find time for the ABC challenge recently, but tried a new scenic route home last week and realised I could get my B, despite best efforts by drivers to hide the sign.
upload_2019-4-23_13-43-16.png

Then got C but was in such a hurry when I got to Dorking that I didn't have time to look for a sign.
I'd better speed things up if I want to finish it this year.
upload_2019-4-23_13-47-9.png

lazybloke

Considering a new username
This time I remembered to stop for "D".
upload_2019-4-26_10-51-3.png

That grass needs a good mow.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Me and part of a bike earlier this week, at the start of a short camping break in Cornwall:

Zelah.JPG

Interestingly, the campsite we stayed at was in a small village just outside Camelford, not the sort of place which usually has a boundary sign, but they seem proud of their name:

ValleyTruckle.JPG

As this is firmly on many people's LEJOG route, it may be useful for some.

The campsite, Cherry Cottage, welcomes many LEJOGgers and, judging from the many messages of thanks, the owners may give a free night's accomodation as a contribution to the rider's charity . Not something I can guarantee on their behalf obviously, but their rates are generous enough anyway.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My first ride since 31st March, I thought I’d blag another couple of letters , S&T on the Trek.

Originally I was going for Streatley and Tidmarsh, along a not very nice lumpy road, but I discovered today a Tubney via Steventon, a tiny place with a sign, it was a flatter nicer route.

69DDD2F7-F2F5-49E8-82E3-614CA176C34F.jpeg

9E5E5058-3937-4CC2-9973-76D139AF2A1C.jpeg

Tubney on this map is on the road where the bottom right corner of the A420 sign is.

3B282F7E-3970-449A-97D9-AAE10D4F543F.jpeg

Top Bottom