About time I lost some weight, but how do I do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Can you recognise people by their feet, ankles or calves then? :whistle:
No comment. :biggrin:

RhythMick

Über Member
I'm 6'2" (188cm) and weigh 11.5 stone.

I want to slim down in the waist area but don't know how to do it.

I've cut all the crap down what I used to eat.

1. Chocolate digestives
2. Chocolate digestives with peanut butter
3. Chocolate digestives with peanut butter and choc spread
4. Worked in a chocolate factory for 9 years and ate a lot of their products, as well as fudge!!!!
5. Chocolate biscuits ie Penguins

I'm either sitting at the computer all day, every day or I'm out fishing.

I don't want to go to a gym. I want to get on the bike more often. I cycled 14 times over 6 days while in Scotland last week, and is urging me to go out more often now that I'm back home.

I eat cereal and have a drink of tea every day, a sandwich, pastie, or soup for lunch and a dinner at tea. I've cut down drinking a lot of coffee each day, and now I'm drinking tea or more water.
I used to drink lots of water when I was going to work.

I don't drink juice any more.

I've been thinking about going all raw fruit, I got the idea from Freelee the Banana Girl but not sure about it.
Why on earth do you want to lose weight? With those stats you must be stick thin anyway!

vickster

Legendary Member
Is there perhaps a health reason for wanting to lose weight round middle? If so, best to do with guidance and support from GP or even a dietician

OP
OP
F
Why on earth do you want to lose weight? With those stats you must be stick thin anyway!

I'll say it again....................Because I gained a little weight when I was working in a chocolate factory. Two people said I was getting fat, one including my own sister!!! I knew I was getting fat (from all the crap chocolate I ate while at the chocolate factory and other crap.

I used to be slim. But now I'm not. I just want it to go away and be slim again. That's all I want and all I wanted to know how I should lose the weight on my belly, but what do I get? Load's of crap from people saying that I'm slim enough.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Do you want to lose weight or do you want to lose your belly? The two aren't the same. The second is easier to fix using abdominal exercises - crunches and the like.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
ok if you want to tone up do some of these http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/13/muscle/abdominals otherwise there is more to your original post than meets the eye.

stephec

Legendary Member
You won't lose fat from your belly just by doing crunches, all you will get is a set of toned ab's covered by a layer of fat.

Neither can you decide where you are going to lose fat from, your body will make up it's own mind.

If you really want to lose fat it's a combination of diet and exercise, I think someone's already said it, burn more calories than you consume.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There was bloke here, quite some years ago, I forget his name. Thin as a rake.

He was constantly raving about his weight and obsessing about the lack of cycling he was doing in order to achieve his impossible goal. Many here used to try and tell him otherwise, similar in fact to this thread.....

.... he was knocked off his bike and killed in an RTA.
He was on BikeRadar (though he might have been here too) - TheGreatGatsby.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cut out refined sugar, junk food, don't eat late at night, cycle lots, join a gym, get a Swiss ball, drink lots of water. It may simply be that your body shape is changing as you get older? How old are you?

How much did you weigh when you were slim? If your belly has become such a concern, you must have gained a chunk or need to tone up if only a few pounds

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Have to say bang on, nearly mid 40s and getting rid of the paunch is bloody hard :tongue: . Probably as fit as I was back in my mid teens but 2 stone heavier :biggrin:

Top Bottom