About time I lost some weight, but how do I do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuee147

my Favourite way to lose weight without cutting out to much of the nice stuff is just keep the sweets on the top shelf it then takes more energy to get to them and i lose weight lol

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi. I. 6ft tall and and 109kg. I am fat. Last Oct I decided to get a bike sand do something about it I was then 115kg. I had to stop from Feb to three weeks ago as my appendix burst. But I am now back on it and have joined a club and cycling about 80 miles per week now. Diets are crap. Been on one since I left the forces to no avail. Cycling is great I am starting to see a difference and I hope as the weight goes the hills get easier and I don't get left behind.
Eat right and keep peddling and it will happen folks!
I too think exercise beats dieting if you can get enough exercise! - I once lost half a stone in a week, but I was moving house so I basically spent a week running up and down stairs carrying things. I probably ate less too as there was so much to do - just 3 simple meals a day.

My friend who can't get on with the 5:2 says the only thing that works for her is exercise.

OP
OP
F
Waist: 38.5"
Hips: 39"

...or thereabouts

vickster

Legendary Member
http://www.virginactive.co.uk/active-matters/tools/waist-hip-ratio

Are you an apple or a pear?
Your waist to hip ratio is one of the predictors of risk for heart disease.

So what does your shape say about you?

A waist to hip ratio of more than 0.95 for men and 0.85 for women may mean you're more likely to get heart disease and should be extra careful with your diet and lifestyle.

It's all related to the distribution of fat in the body. 'Apple' shaped people tend to store fat around their abdomen and are more likely to have health-related risks than people who are 'pear' shaped.

Check if you may be at more risk of heart disease using our waist to hip ratio calculator.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
. Diets are crap.

Well, maybe, but basically if you want to manage youre weight up or down, the formula is always the same: Weight = Current weight + stuff consumed - stuff burned off

Call it what you want, but changing what you eat and how you exercise will make a difference, its not hard to understand - the difficult bit is the execution! So I would say diets were crap, just understand what the consequence of what/how much you eat vs how much you need for exercise is whats important.

Top Bottom