About time I lost some weight, but how do I do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
If I cycle about 3 miles twice or three times each day
http://app.strava.com/activities/147986803

....and eat more healthily, would I lose the weight off my stomach?

Probably, but as part of a body-wide weight loss. It is impossible to focus weight loss on any one area of the body (well, other than by surgery).

stephec

Legendary Member
Probably, but as part of a body-wide weight loss. It is impossible to focus weight loss on any one area of the body (well, other than by surgery).
Like Mike says you can't pick your spot, your body will burn it from where it wants.

Sensible eating and exercise is the way.

On them measurements you gave earlier, what size chest and waist are your clothes?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If the waist measurement is correct then it seems highly likely that the weight measurement is not! I am a stone heavier but my waist is 3 inches smaller. Perhaps the scales are reading drastically low? (Mine underread my weight by about 5 pounds according to 4 different NHS hospitals and clinics.)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Talk about needing to be spoon fed...

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I'm 6'2" (188cm) and weigh 11.5 stone.

I want to slim down in the waist area but don't know how to do it.

I've cut all the crap down what I used to eat.

1. Chocolate digestives
2. Chocolate digestives with peanut butter
3. Chocolate digestives with peanut butter and choc spread
4. Worked in a chocolate factory for 9 years and ate a lot of their products, as well as fudge!!!!
5. Chocolate biscuits ie Penguins

I'm either sitting at the computer all day, every day or I'm out fishing.

I don't want to go to a gym. I want to get on the bike more often. I cycled 14 times over 6 days while in Scotland last week, and is urging me to go out more often now that I'm back home.

I eat cereal and have a drink of tea every day, a sandwich, pastie, or soup for lunch and a dinner at tea. I've cut down drinking a lot of coffee each day, and now I'm drinking tea or more water.
I used to drink lots of water when I was going to work.

I don't drink juice any more.

I've been thinking about going all raw fruit, I got the idea from Freelee the Banana Girl but not sure about it.

Think you need a fish supper or 10, you sure you meant 5`2" and not 6`2" :biggrin: I would be flying up the hills if I was that weight, currently 6` or slightly under and 95kg, not a climbing goat but not bursting out my lycra either!

stephec

Legendary Member
Yeah we get that.
You don't need to show your mush.
People on here want to help you but you are not helping yourself.

Ian's right here, if you're developing a hang up over your body because someone's telling you you're fat then they need to be told to go and do one because they're not being very helpful.

Stick some photos on here showing yourself from your chest to your knees only if you want to remain anonymous, and you'll get an honest opinion. :smile:

Top Bottom