Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't done yet,but there's always a first time,which enviro' health will have taken into consideration. I also mentioned me using a fan heater to warm my cold bathroom up,before using the 3 kettle shower.
I spent 3 months pouring a bucket of cold water over my head for a shower in the same room I slept, ate and crapped in. You are so lucky to have a hot kettle

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Regarding the biscuits,i always offer workmen 'a brew' yet they always decline my offer. I find that a bit rude. What's wrong with my tea or my cups i think.🤔 When i was a window cleaner i was always grateful of tea or coffee offers! Even if i didn't want one,i'd say 'Oh,yes please',then maybe drink half of it then chuck the rest in a plant(pot).:secret:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Regarding the biscuits,i always offer workmen 'a brew' yet they always decline my offer. I find that a bit rude. What's wrong with my tea or my cups i think.🤔 When i was a window cleaner i was always grateful of tea or coffee offers! Even if i didn't want one,i'd say 'Oh,yes please',then maybe drink half of it then chuck the rest in a plant(pot).:secret:

Given the current Covid situation I'm not surprised they decline. The carpet fitters I had in November said yes, but that's because their van coffee-maker had failed.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
You are currently acting like a spoilt teenager, happy to lie to get what you want, okay I give you it's not a good situation, but just think there is probably somebody somewhere else who is in a far worse situation than yourself that is now not getting their boiler replaced because you have screamed & queue jumped.
What planet do you live on? All he's done is report a fault and expects it to be done in a timely manner. Nothing selfish about that. I suppose you'd have just made do without any heating or hot water, told them to come when they can, and in the meantine you'd sit in a cold house and slef-flagellate?

D

Deleted member 26715

What planet do you live on? All he's done is report a fault and expects it to be done in a timely manner. Nothing selfish about that. I suppose you'd have just made do without any heating or hot water, told them to come when they can, and in the meantine you'd sit in a cold house and slef-flagellate?
Earth, I wasn't aware CC was available from other planets.

What I would not be doing would be ringing everybody & his dog, anyway we are all different

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
@Accy cyclist, have the HA been in touch to sort out your boiler yet? Apologies, haven't read through all the posts... My mum lives in a HA bungalow and when her heating goes off they are round with 24 hours.

Have you reported that you have no heating or hot water- it isn't up to you to try and fix it, in fact most HAs I work with would prefer that tenants didn't try to.

Even luckier that i have 3 kettles! :okay: Just out of interest,the carpet of that room must've been absolutely soaking?!:unsure:
No carpet, just a rough stone floor. Lighting from a generator that failed every other day so sit in the dark in silence..... didn’t matter the floor was wet as the toilet block higher up the hill hand human pee and poo running from it and down through my butlins 5 star accommodation :rolleyes:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
What concern is it of Environmental health?
Problems arising out of private rented accomms are / can be dealt with in the first place through a council EH dept. Probs not about Accy scalding himslef. More the wider nature of his unheated house etc. They are a tenant's legal point of call. Only when two letters to a landlord have gone by unresolved can the matter be moved on to EH usually. But heating in winter is an issue where an EH officer would probs make a call.

Your tone sounds a bit snarky to me. Maybe butt out if you havent anything positive to contribute?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Problems arising out of private rented accomms are / can be dealt with in the first place through a council EH dept. Probs not about Accy scalding himslef. More the wider nature of his unheated house etc. They are a tenant's legal point of call. Only when two letters to a landlord have gone by unresolved can the matter be moved on to EH usually. But heating in winter is an issue where an EH officer would probs make a call.

Your tone sounds a bit snarky to me. Maybe butt out if you havent anything positive to contribute?
Thank you for your answer never having been in rented accommodation I wasn't aware they had anything to do with it.

Shame you had to spoil a good answer with your last comment though.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Job done! They came at 8.20 and left at 2.00.:okay:

1614262775862.png

1614262682430.png

1614262819984.png

1614263629360.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom