Abuse from drivers. More on a Saturday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
The other thing is it's more likely when my other half is out with me. Much more likely to get comments then. It was just weird yesterday, usually we ride around with no problems

screenman

Legendary Member
It's because all the idiots are out and about in their wankpanzers on a Saturday. Weekdays they are safely stuck in traffic jams then in their poxy places of work.

Some of the worst drivers I know are cyclists, many do not realise how bad they are and see themselves as perfect.

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
Abuse for me is pretty rare but it does happen. I do prefer the back roads I ride on a Sunday, as other road users seem to accept that they will see bikes out and about on the road of any description but the working week is another matter and if I was going to get some abuse, it would be when we're all trying to get home and another road user finally notices I'm making better progress than them.^_^
I generally avoid going out at 5-6 PM as drivers tend to be more aggressive around here then. Tired & frustrated after work and wanting to get home asap I guess.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I abused a van driver on Thursday.. Windscreen totally white so he couldn't see me at the junction.
Hopefully he found his birth certificate and penis...
What is it with retards who cant even defrost a friggin windscreen before going to work.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't ride urban roads so traffic levels are low for me. My last two close passes happened on the same road on the same morning heading into the sun and both were very elderly drivers in tiny cars with dirty windscreens lit up by the low sun. I actually think neither driver saw me. One passed so close that I felt his slipstream.

screenman

Legendary Member
It not the clothes. Its the bike.

I wear lycra. But I ride a Brompton.

That just confuses people.

sheddy

Legendary Member
What was the weather like ?
I suspect motorists get more stressed when it’s raining.
God knows why, they should be warm and dry inside a steel box.

Drago

Legendary Member
One of the advantages of being a tall and large gentleman is that for some strange reason cowards don't seem willing to gob off. Eat your greens, hit the gym, and get some riser insoles for your shoes.

lane

Veteran
I don't get much abuse or hooting. I worst example recently and that was a few months ago was walking to the park with my family on the pavement being passed by a group of chavs in a small hatchback.

Close passes seem to happen quite regularly though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A few years ago GtiJunior and I were out for a ride with some CC members including Totallyfixed. GtiJ and I were on the front and exercised our priority at a pinch point meaning the idiot coming the other way, who had assumed he could intimidate us into giving way, had to slam on and launched a tirade of abuse. I believe TF was once a Police officer; he stopped the driver, stuck his head in the window and gave the idiot a few firm words of advice while the idiot looked shocked. I wished I had been able to hear what he said but it looked good.

I just notice the poor standard of driving early on Sunday mornings. Drivers dont expect to meet anyone so take more chances.

Top Bottom