Accessories for a Carrera Crossfire 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emanresu

If you are doing shopping and carrying 20kg home you'll need something like this attached to the rear of the bike. Here is a Topeak rack and 40l panniers starting at £40. To buy the rack separately would set you back about £20. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126149329980?

A kickstand is a must as you'll be struggling with a full load of 35kg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
M

Milena

If you are doing shopping and carrying 20kg home you'll need something like this attached to the rear of the bike. Here is a Topeak rack and 40l panniers starting at £40. To buy the rack separately would set you back about £20. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126149329980?

A kickstand is a must as you'll be struggling with a full load of 35kg

All kickstands I see are rated at max 25kg load. That's total weight. Not additional weight on the bike. So, it's all and any weight that goes on the kickstand. What do I do? Bike alone is like 15kg or something.

Also is that 40l per bag? Or is it 20l per bag?
Is that your eBay listing?

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
A kickstand is a waste of time IMO, you are either on the bike or loading it up and then its in the cycle racks so leaning against something.

OP
OP
M

Milena

A kickstand is a waste of time IMO, you are either on the bike or loading it up and then its in the cycle racks so leaning against something.

For You. I've come across numerous times such as stopping to take photos where it would have come in use. I would have had to lay my bike down in the wet mud. No thanks. Was unable to take the photos I wanted to as a result.

Also as I said when I leave my garage, I have to carefully put my down. That involves having to carefully orient the pedals, then gently put it down.

I'm not going to lean it against the corner of the brick wall which will scratch the paint. There's multiple cars parked on my driveway, none of which are mine. They're my families.

Even if they were mine I'm not going to move a car just to lean my cycle on a brick wall.

Maybe you have an electric garage door. I don't. It's manual. I need both hands and clearance to operate the garage door.

vickster

Legendary Member
All kickstands I see are rated at max 25kg load. That's total weight. Not additional weight on the bike. So, it's all and any weight that goes on the kickstand. What do I do? Bike alone is like 15kg or something.

Also is that 40l per bag? Or is it 20l per bag?
Is that your eBay listing?

9kg load per pannier for those, 20l per side
https://www.ortlieb.com/uk_en/back-roller-plus+F5207

this kickstand rated for up to 40kg, whether it’ll fit your bike, you’ll need to check
https://www.bikeparts.co.uk/products/m-part-primo-twin-leg-kickstand-suitable-for-e-bikes-to-40kg

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Kickstands aren't much good TBH - you are done for if the ground is anything other than hard. For taking photos, just stand with the bike between your legs. There is always somewhere to lean a bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could use something like this in your garage
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-storage-solutions/halfords-universal-bike-stand-375378.html
Get two, leave one outside for when you return/locking up

fossyant

For You. I've come across numerous times such as stopping to take photos where it would have come in use. I would have had to lay my bike down in the wet mud. No thanks. Was unable to take the photos I wanted to as a result.

Also as I said when I leave my garage, I have to carefully put my down. That involves having to carefully orient the pedals, then gently put it down.

I'm not going to lean it against the corner of the brick wall which will scratch the paint. There's multiple cars parked on my driveway, none of which are mine. They're my families.

Even if they were mine I'm not going to move a car just to lean my cycle on a brick wall.

Maybe you have an electric garage door. I don't. It's manual. I need both hands and clearance to operate the garage door.

You are putting 'your thinking' in the way of a solution. I have a manual garage door, I lean my bike against the house wall, open door and put bike in garage - it then either leans against shelving or goes into an upright bike stand. Same when getting it out - and I've five bikes and only one has a rack - same process. You have a saddle and handle bars - you don't lean the frame against a wall. It's even easier with panniers as they cushion the bike. You'll also have a rack, which protects the bike too.

You've had lots of sensible suggestions but are poo poo'ing them - listen to those of us doing this every day - my commuter bike loaded weighs much over a kickstand weight limit - never needed one.

OP
OP
M

Milena

You are putting 'your thinking' in the way of a solution. I have a manual garage door, I lean my bike against the house wall, open door and put bike in garage - it then either leans against shelving or goes into an upright bike stand. Same when getting it out - and I've five bikes and only one has a rack - same process. You have a saddle and handle bars - you don't lean the frame against a wall. It's even easier with panniers as they cushion the bike. You'll also have a rack, which protects the bike too.

You've had lots of sensible suggestions but are poo poo'ing them - listen to those of us doing this every day - my commuter bike loaded weighs much over a kickstand weight limit - never needed one.

I just said, cars block the walls. We have 3 cars on our driveway. I have no wall to lean it against.

fossyant

I just said, cars block the walls. We have 3 cars on our driveway. I have no wall to lean it against.

4 cars at our property. Lean the bike carefully against a car - I do ! Kick stand will add another kilo, and it takes a slight gust and it will be over. They won't take the weight ! Talk about making life complicated for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom